"WE'VE GOT A NEW CONTACT, UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION!"This article has new content coming soon, and may not be complete, confirmed or correct. Please update it as soon as any relevant and accurate material is available.
|This article is about an upcoming work. Editors must cite sources for all contributions to this article. Edits that do not follow this standard will be reverted without notice. For more information, see the Citation Policy.|
- "You should just consider it Halo 6. Don't think of it as a weird prequel kind of thing. It's the next story. It's the next chapter in what is going on."
- — Jeff Easterling
Halo Infinite[notes 1] is an upcoming video game serving as a sequel to Halo 5: Guardians, which will be developed by 343 Industries and SkyBox Labs, and published by Microsoft Studios. The game was first unveiled during the opening to Microsoft's E3 2018 conference, with a release date being unknown. The third chapter in the Reclaimer Saga, the game will focus on the Master Chief and continue his story following the events of Halo 5: Guardians. It has been described as a "spiritual reboot" for the franchise.
Technology and equipment
A sequel to Halo 5 had entered the planning stages by September, 2015. By this point, the developers were aware of where the story would go, and had begun writing the game. The game has been referred to offhand as "Halo 6," before the real name was announced on the E3 2018. Frank O'Connor has argued that the next installment would feature "a much more human story". The studio plans on keeping the cooperative mode introduced in Halo 5. Halo Infinite will have four-player splitscreen, as will all other future Halo FPS games. As of June 2017, it has been confirmed that Halo Infinite will not be discussed "for quite some time", implying a longer development cycle. Halo Infinite will have a beta at some point prior to its release. Halo Infinite will also have more focus on the Master Chief by "doubling down" on him. There will be no Battle Royale mode featured according to Jeff Easterling's claim “The only BR we're interested in is the Battle Rifle”, in response to the popular trend during a livestream.
Since the launch of Halo 5: Guardians in October 2015, 343 Industries has been developing a new game engine—Slipspace Engine. The engine was built to help the development team fully realize their goals for the upcoming successor to Guardians, Halo Infinite. First announced with an engine demonstration at Microsoft's E3 2018 conference, Halo Infinite is still currently in relatively early development. The trailer depicted the Master Chief aiding Marines on a Halo installation, encountering wildlife similar to deer and rhinoceroses.
Halo Infinite will feature Nicolas "Sparth" Bouvier's new art style; Bouvier was also a factor in the design of stuff. drawing heavy inspiration from the most iconic and historic parts of the Halo franchise and fan feedback, while taking full advantage of the Xbox One's capabilities. The game will focus on the Master Chief, with 343i having taken feedback on the amount of time spent playing as the Master Chief in Halo 5. The studio states that they are making changes to how they approach the game's creation, while also taking new and unexpected directions. Community involvement in the game's design will be utilized, with community members being able to join early flighting programs to give 343i direct feedback.
On a Mixer stream on December 19, 2018, several 343i employees confirmed that players who liked Halo: Reach's armor customization would be pleased with Halo Infinite's. Black undersuits for the multiplayer Spartans was also confirmed. Players who reach SR 152 in Halo 5: Guardians will be rewarded in some way in Halo Infinite.
E3 2018 trailer
- Main article: Halo Infinite - E3 2018 - Announcement Trailer
On June 10, 2018 an announcement trailer for Halo Infinite was released, showcasing the ideas of what 343 Industries have in mind for the game.
Announcement trailer images
- ^ Despite Halo Infinite having the same naming format as previous Halo games in the logo, the written name does not have a colon contrary to past games such as "Halo: Reach"
- ^ a b c d e f g Halo Waypoint: Our Journey Begins
- ^ WCCFTECH - Halo Infinite to be Co-Developed by Halo 5: Forge and Project Spark Studio Skybox Labs
- ^ Microsoft Confirms That Yes, 'Halo: Infinite' Is Actually Just 'Halo 6'
- ^ "Halo Infinite" - Halo Waypoint - Halo Infinite
- ^ "Halo: Reach" - Halo Waypoint - Halo: Reach
- ^ IGN - HALO INFINITE WILL BE A 'SPIRITUAL REBOOT' FOR THE FRANCHISE - IGN UNFILTERED
- ^ IGN - HALO INFINITE WILL HAVE MICROTRANSACTIONS AND PC ANTI-CHEAT TECH
- ^ IGN - HALO INFINITE WON'T SELL LOOT BOXES FOR CASH
- ^ 
- ^ a b IGN: HALO DEV REPLIES TO BATTLE ROYALE QUERY: "THE ONLY BR WE'RE INTERESTED IN IS THE BATTLE RIFLE"
- ^ GameSpot - Halo 6 Is Undergoing "Serious, Real Planning," Microsoft Says
- ^ Dice Summit 2017 - "And I will say, for every FPS going forward, we will have splitscreen, going forward", Bonnie Ross.
- ^ IGN - E3 2017: HALO 6 REVEAL 'WON'T BE SOON,' SAYS 343 INDUSTRIES
- ^ http://in.ign.com/halo-5/76851/news/all-future-halo-games-will-have-betas-says-343-industries "Going forward, you will never see a Halo game coming out without a beta." -Bonnie Ross
- ^ 343i Acknowledges Halo 5 Storytelling Mistake, Will Double Down on Master Chief Focus
- ^ Twitter - Sparth response
- ^ Halo Waypoint Community Update: Happy Holidays
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder: Bounty Hunters