Razing of Oth Sonin
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|Razing of Oth Sonin|
Cortana and her Created came to power in October 2558. They subdued the galaxy with their Forerunner constructs known as Guardians, seeking to enforce a martial peace. The Sangheili-Jiralhanae war raged on, and Jiralhanae infighting between their various master-packs and smaller clans continued as well. This violence made the Oth Sonin system a hotspot for the Created to subdue.
Atriox's Banished had united with many Jiralhanae clans across Doisac and its moons, though not all clans. There were many clans, including those on Warial, who continued to resist the Banished. Some considered the Banished to be too similar to the Covenant from a distance, and were wary of being shackled by oppression again. Others on Doisac saw working alongside the much hated Sangheili to be a sign of poor character.
- Cortana: "Look upon Doisac one last time and remember: you chose this path."
- Atriox: "As did you, Cortana."
- — Cortana delivering an ultimatum to Atriox personally.
As the wider Jiralhanae infighting continued, the Banished and its allied clans staged a defensive against the Created in their home system. They fought hard against Cortana's forces.
Atriox himself having previously been on the Ark, returned to the galaxy following the events of Operation: WOLFE and was preparing a force to head to Installation 07 to find the Xalanyn. Cortana eventually confronted Atriox off world, regarding him as one of Doisac's many warlords, and issued him an ultimatum for his Banished to surrender by asking him where he stood. Atriox responded "With the Banished. Always. Forever". Cortana asked the warmaster a second time if he understood the consequences, to which he confirmed. A hologram of Doisac was shown to Atriox as Cortana asked him to look at his homeworld one last time and remember that he chose the fate of his planet. The destruction of Doisac by the firing of eight Guardian beams was broadcast to Atriox in the hologram.
The blast would also devastate Teash, Warial, and Soirapt. The outposts across Warial were destroyed, though a few hundred thousand Jiralhanae managed to evacuate. Teash was able to destroy some of the incoming debris of Doisac with anti-ship artillery and thousands of vessels escaped.
- "Our home was taken from us. Doisac was destroyed. As repayment, we claim this ancient Ring. And all the power it possesses. Never again will we mourn so great a loss! Our place is here! Our time is NOW!"
- — Warmaster Atriox following the razing of Oth Sonin.
The surviving Jiralhanae that managed to escape, began finding new places in the galaxy to live. Lydus and his Children of Oth Sonin took refuge on an abandoned human colony world, while others of his clan allegedly continued to lurk in the shadows of their home system. The Banished sought to make Installation 07 their faction's new home. Jiralhanae survivors from Teash relocated to the worlds of Gathved, Ordun Dal, and Savadok.
Three days after the razing, word of the world's destruction had reached Sanghelios. The razing had an effect on Arbiter Thel 'Vadam's approach to dealing with local Created Armigers while he suspected that many Sangheili high kaidons appreciated Cortana's enforcement of "peace" for protecting them from the Jiralhanae threat.
List of appearances
- Halo Infinite (First appearance)
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Outcasts (Mentioned only)
- Battle for the Blood-Moon (Mentioned only)
- Halo Infinite, campaign level Repository
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 447
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 446
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 247
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 211
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - Of Protocols and Prisons (Retrieved on Apr 19, 2022) [archive]
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 397
- Halo: Evolutions - The Return
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 195
- Halo: Envoy, chapter 3
- Halo Wars 2
- Halo: Shadows of Reach, Epilogue
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 423
- Halo: Outcasts, page 174: "Cortana has already used her Guardians to punish a Jiralhanae warlord by annihilating the homeworld of his entire species, and she will do the same to anyone who defies her."
- Halo Infinite: campaign gameplay
- Halo: Outcasts, chapter 1, page 1