Halo: The Television Series
"WE'VE GOT A NEW CONTACT, UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION!"This article has new content coming soon, and may not be complete, confirmed or correct. Please update it as soon as any relevant and accurate material is available.
|This article is about an upcoming work. Editors must cite sources for all contributions to this article. Edits that do not follow this standard will be reverted without notice. For more information, see the Citation Policy.|
Halo: The Television Series is an upcoming live-action television series for the Xbox One. Originally set for release in Fall 2015, at roughly the same time as Halo 5: Guardians, the show has since been delayed. As of January 8, 2018, development of the show is still in progress.
Acclaimed filmmaker Steven Spielberg has been confirmed as the show's executive producer. Microsoft's president of entertainment and digital media, Nancy Tellem, said they will take the time necessary to produce the shows and Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer said the show will not be 'filler'. According to Latino Review, Neill Blomkamp, originally slated to direct the Halo film, is apparently set to direct the forthcoming Halo TV series. Latino Review reports that it heard the news from "trusted sources". By April of 2014, it was reported as "still in the deal-making phase as the service has been going through the growing pains of establishing a business template for original content." The series will have connections with Halo 5: Guardians and Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall.
- ^ Xbox Wire: The Halo Journey
- ^ a b Eurogamer - 343's master plan for Halo 5: Guardians
- ^ Eurogamer: Spielberg's Halo TV show "still in very active development", network claims
- ^ Joystiq: Microsoft, Steven Spielberg Working on Halo: The Television Series
- ^ The Verge: Microsoft announces live action 'Halo' TV series with Steven Spielberg as executive producer
- ^ OXM: Halo is our 'most important IP', says Microsoft - TV show won't be "filler"
- ^ Gamespot: Neill Blomkamp rumored to direct Halo TV series pilot
- ^ Deadline: Xbox Entertainment Studios Partners With Channel 4 For Drama Series ‘Humans’
- ^ Gigaom - Bonnaroo, Halo and soccer: Microsoft aims high with Xbox Originals
- ^ Gamespot: Halo Channel and Halo 5 Beta Dates Revealed at Gamescom