Halopedia:Article Improvement Drive
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Article Improvement Drive is a community project to improve the wiki's content through bringing articles in dire need of improvement—from cleanup to content expansion and updates—to everyone's attention. The list is refreshed periodically with new articles requiring improvement, but previous entries will be kept on the list until those articles have been brought fully up to date. An article is considered sufficiently repaired when it is properly sourced, accurate, comprehensive and well formatted—in short, up to our general standards of quality.
Everyone is welcome to participate in the improvement effort or suggest new articles to the list on the project's talk page.
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Battle Born:
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Silent Storm:
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Bad Blood:
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Retribution:
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Legacy of Onyx:
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo Wars 2:
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Envoy:
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Fractures:
Articles to the updated with information from Halo: Shadow of Intent include the following:
Oasis: a plot synopsis needs to be added
Halo: Warfleet has been released and has a ton of new info on Halo's starships and ship-related technology! The list of articles that need to be updated is too long to be listed here (check out the book's appearances list for more subjects), but includes the following:
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Last Light:
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Smoke and Shadow:
Other articles needing attention:
- Template:Walkthrough infobox needs to be added to walkthrough articles lacking it.
- Comic scans with blanked speech bubbles should be updated with the text intact as per this forum.
- The list of Forge objects needs to be updated to include all Halo 4-related material, including creation of subpages for each individual category.
- Many Halo 4 multiplayer map articles need to be expanded with information on map layout, features and gameplay strategies. See Avalanche for reference of a comprehensive map article.
- Game level transcripts need to be formatted in accordance with the the Layout Guide; for most articles, this means the standardization of the way characters and other subjects are referenced (e.g. omitting superfluous or overly long titles/ranks), as well as the addition of music tracks playing at a given time.
- Quote pages need to be updated according to the Layout Guide. For example, insignificant lines which are not quotable in any fashion should be removed. In addition, quotes which are part of a dialog between the subject and another character should feature a transcript of the lines of both characters as opposed to only those spoken by the title character. For an example of this in practice, see Forthencho/Quotes.
- The new notice templates Template:Fanart and Template:Fanwork need to be added to the relevant images. See the more specific usage notes on each template's page.
- Template:Verbatim should be added to applicable articles and sections.
- Category:Difficulty icons should be added to applicable images.
Articles to be created
The following is a list of articles that have not yet been created, along with relevant sources from which to draw information:
Halo: Broken Circle (see also the novel's appearances list)
In addition to the above, the following categories are full of articles in need of improvement:
- Articles needing general cleanup
- Articles needing fact cleanup
- Articles needing references
- Articles with outdated content needing to be brought up to date with information from recent media
- Articles that are stubs, requiring more information about the subject
- Articles with overly detailed sections that need to be summarized to be more concise
- Articles needing grammar proofreading
- Decommissioned categories to be removed and/or replaced
- Low-quality images needing replacement
- Articles that have not been edited in several years