Article Improvement Drive is a community project to improve the wiki's content through bringing articles in dire need of improvement—from cleanup to content expansion and updates—to everyone's attention. The list is refreshed periodically with new articles requiring improvement, but previous entries will be kept on the list until those articles have been brought fully up to date. An article is considered sufficiently repaired when it is properly sourced, accurate, comprehensive and well formatted—in short, up to our general standards of quality.
Everyone is welcome to participate in the improvement effort or suggest new articles to the list on the project's talk page. There is also a relevant forum discussion on the Halo Archive.
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Retribution:
- Halo: Retribution: A plot synopsis needs to be added.
- Veta Lopis
- Intrepid Eye
- Blue Team
- Bartalan Craddog
- Serin Osman
- Keepers of the One Freedom
- Dark Moon Enterprises
- Argent Moon
- Suluhu Contemplarium
- Operation: RETRIBUTION
- UNSC Silent Joe
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Legacy of Onyx:
- Halo: Legacy of Onyx: A plot synopsis needs to be added.
- Molly Patel
- Gudam Keschun
- Kareem El-Hashem
- Asum 'Mdama
- Dural 'Mdama
- Kasha 'Hilot
- Even Keel
- Prone to Drift
- Franklin Mendez
- Buran 'Utaral
- Ruk 'Nuusra
- Kurnik 'Nuusra
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo Wars 2:
- Halo Wars 2: information on the multiplayer mode and development needs to be added.
- Ellen Anders: needs to be updated with information from the Halo Wars 2 campaign as well as the Phoenix Logs
- Isabel: needs to be updated with information from the Halo Wars 2 campaign as well as the Phoenix Logs
- Installation 00: needs to be updated with information on features and locations from the Phoenix Logs
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Envoy:
- Halo: Envoy (plot synopsis, etc.)
- Melody Azikiwe
- Rojka 'Kasaan
- Thars 'Sarov
- Gray Team
- Ellis Gass
- Lamar Edwards
- Battle of Carrow
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Fractures:
- Into the Fire: a plot synopsis needs to be added
- Created conflict needs to be updated with all relevant information from Rossbach's World
- What Remains: a plot synopsis needs to be added
- Evelyn Collins
- Meridian Station
- Breaking Strain: a plot synopsis needs to be added
- Promises to Keep: a plot synopsis needs to be added
Articles to the updated with information from Halo: Shadow of Intent include the following:
- Shadow of Intent
- Attack on Rahnelo
- Ambush at Duraan
Oasis: a plot synopsis needs to be added
Halo: Warfleet has been released and has a ton of new info on Halo's starships and ship-related technology! The list of articles that need to be updated is too long to be listed here (check out the book's appearances list for more subjects), but includes the following:
- Covenant - information to the "Technology" section, etc
- UNSC Navy - information to the "Equipment" section, etc
- UNSC Pillar of Autumn
- UNSC Infinity
- UNSC Spirit of Fire
- Slipstream space
- Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine
- Mantle's Approach
- High Charity
- Truth and Reconciliation
- Shadow of Intent
- Anodyne Spirit
- Halo universe: the "Technology" section could use a general overview of some of the technologies discussed in the book
- Human: the "Technology" section could use various updates based on information in the book
- There should be a general umbrella article for coilgun technology, with links in related weapon systems
- The artificial gravity and anti-gravity technology pages need updates, and there could be a general gravitics page based on the usage of the term in the Glossary
- There should probably be general pages for spacecraft sensors and maneuver drives due to the amount of information available.
- Nuclear weapon needs to be updated based on the new information on late-war UNSC nuke developments (Casaba-Howitzers, nuclear pumped lasers, etc)
- Titanium-A armor could use some of the new info provided on page 19
- Magnetic Accelerator Cannon could be a lot of new info on the different models, variable payloads, etc.
- Nanotechnology: new info on use by the Covenant, etc.
- Strident-class heavy frigate
- Energy shielding should include new info on the different types, e.g. the Autumn class's shield-reinforced armor.
- GA-TL1 Longsword
- Orbital defense platform, Moncton-class orbital weapon platform
- Fusion drive has a lot of new info available
- There are some useful details for the bridge article too
- The hangar bay article could also use some new info
- Ivanoff Station
- Space warfare could use a ton of new info
- UNSC In Amber Clad
- D77-TC Pelican
- Pilot: there's quite a bit of info on Covenant pilots, e.g. their use of machine-link interfaces in strikecraft.
- Pinch fusion reactor
- Repulsor engine
- Ardent Prayer & SDV-class heavy corvette
- Hekar Taa-pattern Blockade Runner
- Z-1800 Phaeton & weapon-ship
- Guardian Custode & Peacemakers
- Neural interface: info on the Covenant equivalent technology in their strikecraft
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Last Light:
- Operation: JOVIAN WHISTLE
- Murtag Nelson
- Gao Ministry of Protection
The following pages need to be updated with new information from Halo: Smoke and Shadow:
- Halo: Smoke and Shadow: a plot synopsis needs to be added
- Rion Forge
- Kip Silas
- Gek 'Lhar
- Ace of Spades
Other articles needing attention:
- Drifts Randomly needs to be expanded with information from Halo: Hunters in the Dark.
- Battle of Meridian (2558) needs to be expanded with information from Halo 5: Guardians.
- Glassing needs to be updated to include information on "deglassing" and other post-war activities on glassed worlds from Halo 5: Guardians and Hunt the Truth.
- Planetary warfare still needs considerable work, especially with referencing, which, considering it is a subject which spans the entirety of Halo media, is going to take a lot of work.
- Halo 2: the development section is severely lacking in its description of the game's development process, particularly the difficulties therein (a good overview of which can be found, for example, in this article)
- Drugs: the "Humans" section should be expanded with information on e.g. recreational drugs.
- Template:Walkthrough Infobox needs to be added to walkthrough articles lacking it.
- Comic scans with blanked speech bubbles should be updated with the text intact as per this forum.
- The list of Forge objects needs to be updated to include all Halo 4-related material, including creation of subpages for each individual category.
- Many Halo 4 multiplayer map articles need to be expanded with information on map layout, features and gameplay strategies. See Avalanche for reference of a comprehensive map article.
- Game level transcripts need to be formatted in accordance with the the Layout Guide; for most articles, this means the standardization of the way characters and other subjects are referenced (e.g. omitting superfluous or overly long titles/ranks), as well as the addition of music tracks playing at a given time.
- Quote pages need to be updated according to the Layout Guide. For example, insignificant lines which are not quotable in any fashion should be removed. In addition, quotes which are part of a dialog between the subject and another character should feature a transcript of the lines of both characters as opposed to only those spoken by the title character. For an example of this in practice, see Forthencho/Quotes.
- The new notice templates Template:Fanart and Template:Fanwork need to be added to the relevant images. See the more specific usage notes on each template's page.
- Template:Verbatim should be added to applicable articles and sections.
- Category:Difficulty icons should be added to applicable images.
Articles to be created
The following is a list of articles that have not yet been created, along with relevant sources from which to draw information:
- Warhost (Halo: Ground Command)
- Lifeworker beacon (Halo: Primordium pages 88-89, 184, 374, Halo: Silentium pages 17-18)
- Forerunner power station (Halo: Primordium, page 161)
- Forerunner bio-sentry (Halo: Glasslands, pages 40-41, 77-78, 166, 169, 202-203)
- Science Team Gagarin (Spartan Ops, Episode 2, Chapter 5 Gagarin)
Halo: Warfleet: See red links on the book's appearances list
Halo: Retribution: See red links on the novel's appearances list
Halo: Envoy: See red links on the novel's appearances list
Halo: Last Light: See red links on the novel's appearances list
Halo: Spartan Strike (campaign levels)
Halo: Broken Circle (see also the novel's appearances list)
In addition to the above, the following categories are full of articles in need of improvement:
Information and Projects