|This article is no longer up to date and needs to be updated with new information from What Remains. You can help by this article.|
|Political and military information|
- "Today I found myself working alongside another former colonist. Tough old broad named Lorie, Told her about what I'd been feeling. She laughed in my face! She told me, 'Sister, you gotta forget about what Meridian was, and think about what it could be.' I like that. So now, when I chip away the glass, I picture a new world we're making."
- — Evelyn Collins reflects on her motive for digging on Meridian.
Evelyn Collins is a human who survived the Covenant's glassing of the human colony Meridian. After the glassing, Collins returned to the planet as a deglasser working for the Liang Dortmund Corporation.
Return and mining
- "It's a hell of a thing...to return to your home...find it completely different. Ruined. I couldn't prepare myself for the cold feeling that struck my heart when that elevator rolled down through the planet's atmosphere. The world I knew...was gone."
- — Collins on her first day back at Meridian.
On the fifth day of her return to Meridian, Collins aided in the digging of a road from the space elevator to Meridian Station. Collins was discouraged to find that most of the miners seemed to be just in it for the profit, with no other former refugees like her.
On the seventeenth day of her stay, Collins met another past citizen of Meridian, Lorie. With their shared background, Collins confessed to her about her regrets and fears about Meridian's destruction, but Lorie laughed instead. She suggestion that Collins forget what Meridian was and concentrate on what it could become. Collins took her words to heart and dug more hopefully afterward to build a new world.
The Guardian attack
- "Hello? Can anyone hear me? I'm at Meridian Station. Everyone's dead. Governor Sloan isn't here. I... (sobs) ...please! Is there anyone left here but me?!"
- — Collins during the Guardian attack on Meridian
On October 25 2558, a Guardian broke out from under Meridian's surface. Meridian Station's AI Governor Sloan initiated a mass evacuation, but he eventually fled on his own civilians when given the chance to leave with the Guardian and join the Created. Collins missed the evacuation ships and instead was left behind alone in Meridian Station. Afraid she'd been left to die, Collins sent a plea for help over the COM networks, which was overheard by Fireteam Osiris.
- This section needs expansion. You can help Halopedia by .
List of appearances
- ^ a b c d e Halo 5: Guardians, campaign level, Glassed - Evelyn Collins: Meridian Day 1
- ^ Halo: Fractures, What Remains (page 37)
- ^ Halo 5: Guardians, campaign level, Glassed - Evelyn Collins: Meridian Day 5
- ^ Halo 5: Guardians, campaign level, Glassed - Evelyn Collins: Meridian Day 17
- ^ Halo 5: Guardians, campaign level, Evacuation - Mission Intel