MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor [GEN3]
|MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor (GEN3)|
Early history and development
Although the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor (GEN2) meant a radical simplification of the Mjolnir platform, to the point it could be mass-produced, some in the Spartan Operations branch were dissatisfied with its minimal performance improvement over the old GEN1 systems. By that reason, the UNSC decided to manufacture the next generation of Mjolnir armors.
Around October 17, 2558, the Mark VII was used as the testbed for the [GEN3] improvements, but it remained uncertain if manufacturers would adopt the standards and cost accounting by the Unified Earth Government.
Design and features
The conceptual design framework incorporates lessons from the MJOLNIR [GEN2] line of Mjolnir, while also using performance and higher levels of protection given by the MJOLNIR [GEN1] line of Mjolnir.
- Energy shielding: A protective barrier that surrounds the armor and protects the user from harm.
- Compact fusion reactor: The fusion reactor is the most essential part of the MJOLNIR system, as it provides power to all equipment on the armor—the reactor is built into the suit and allows for nearly unlimited movement.
- Magnetic weapon holder strips: The MJOLNIR armor features very small, yet powerful magnets placed on the legs, waist, and back of the suit that are used to hold any equipment or any weapons with a magnetic property.
- MJOLNIR GEN3 BIOS
- Force-multiplying circuits
- Motion tracker: Shows movement of friendly and enemy units within the system's radius.
- Pressure seal: The pressure seal is a vital component to the MJOLNIR system, it keeps the system airtight, underwater or in space.
- SPDR counterintrusion measures: Generally placed in UNSC AIs, MJOLNIR [GEN3] is the first generation of Mjolnir armors to include them.
In the Halo Infinite - E3 2019 - Discover Hope Trailer, while John-117's armor BIOS is activating, a line in the HUD reads "Preparing A.I. Intrusion countermeasures". This is likely to prevent AI intrusion following the rise of the Created.
Development of John's GEN3 in 2018.
An early version of John-117's GEN3 in the Halo Infinite - E3 2018 - Announcement Trailer.
John-117's GEN3 MJOLNIR in Discover Hope.
GEN3 MJOLNIR in the Xbox Series X trailer.
List of Appearances