From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- "Assigned to a freighter escaping the destruction of Harvest, two Marines confiscated alien energy shields while defending passengers from an enemy boarding assault. Their heroics led to a technological breakthrough that accelerated the development of the Master Chief's defense system."
- — Official description
A UNSC Archive is accessed. It tells of the events following a Kig-Yar point defense gauntlet having been recovered by the UNSC, and how its recovery expedited the development of energy shielding on the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor.
The archive is a video log of Lance Corporal Chris Preston onboard Anchor 9, who recorded a video intended for David Dominguez's parents. Narrated by the AI translating Preston's sign language, Preston's log told of Dominguez's heroic actions, how the two recovered valuable intel important to the United Nations Space Command, and how Preston will miss Dominguez.
SYSTEM COMPONENT [ENERGY SHIELD] SPARTAN OPERATIONS MJÖLNIR POWERED ASSAULT ARMOR GEN 3 MARK VI
Following the focus on the armor text appeared giving a quick overview of what happened before the archive started.
[GATHERING DATA...] ENTRY DATE: 2526.01.17 ASSIGNED TO A FREIGHTER ESCAPING THE DESTRUCTION OF HARVEST, TWO MARINES CONFISCATED ALIEN ENERGY SHIELDS WHILE DEFENDING PASSENGERS FROM AN ENEMY BOARDING ASSAULT. THIS LED TO A TECHNOLOGICAL BREAKTHROUGH THAT ACCELERATED THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MASTER CHIEF'S DEFENSE SYSTEM. INITIATING VIDEO LOG...
- AI: "Activating verbal reconstruction."
The following text appears:
SRRS-01007 MEDICAL REHABILITATION SECTOR 2526.01.17 0930 HRS
- AI: "Begin."
- Chris Preston (AI speaking): "Dear Mr. and Mrs. Dominguez."
The following text appears:
IDENTIFICATION CHRIS PRESTON DOB: 2501.12.4
- Chris Preston (AI speaking): "You don't know me, but I know you."
The following text appears:
RANK LANCE CORPORAL TEMPORARY LIMITED DUTY
- Chris Preston (AI speaking): "I served with your son. He spoke of you all the time."
The text vanishes to allow focus on Chris Preston.
- Chris Preston (AI speaking): "I was there, we were ambushed by Jackals. David didn't flinch. He led. He was brave. And I followed him into battle. Together we fought them off. But we paid a price. While they carried us to a medivac, all he was worried about was you."
The camera rotates to show a screen of shapes and lines.
- Chris Preston (AI speaking): "I tried to tell him that his parents would be proud, but..."
The camera shows the stitches on Chris Preston's throat.
- Chris Preston (AI speaking): "... my throat."
The camera then goes behind Preston's head.
- Chris Preston (AI speaking): "And then I started to feel confused. And I lost consciousness. When I awoke, he was gone. David saved many, many lives. he seized vital technology. Critical to UNSC defenses. He was the brother I always wanted. He will always be my brother. And your son? He loved you. He loved you 'till the end."
The words "Become" then "Halo Infinite" are shown on the screen.
- Client: MicrosoftGeneral Manager, Xbox Brands and Advertising: Taylor Smith
- Sr. Manager, Xbox Global Marketing Communications, Halo Infinite: Jonathan Segall
- IMC, Halo Infinite: Aaron Travis
- IMC, Halo Infinite: Julianna Alo
- Agency: 215 McCannChief Creative Officer: Scott Duchon
- Creative Director: Brad Meyers
- ACD/Art Director: Alper Kologlu
- ACD/Copywriter: Andy Holdeman
- Director of Integrated Production: Mandi Holdorf
- Sr. Producer: Nina Ulbrich
- Director of Business Affairs: Mary Beth Barney
- Business Director: Peter Goldstein
- Account Director: Patrick Meeley
- Account Executive: Jenny Sussna
- Account Executive: Dylan Williams
- Assistant Account Executive: Akshaya Sridharan
- Director of Strategy: Brian Wakabayashi, Sam Chotiner
- Strategy Director: Cassidy Wilber, Ryan Riley
- Senior Strategist: Beth Windheuser, Christian Stewart
- Production Company: Biscuit Filmworks, Tuna, Icon
- Director: Isaiah Seret
- Partner/Managing Director: Shawn Lacy
- Executive Producer: Andrew Travelstead
- Producer: Jeff McDougall
- Head of Production: Rachel Glaub / Sean Moody
- Director of Photography: Steve Annis
- Production Designer: Fiona Crombie
- Editorial: Work Editorial
- Editor: Biff Butler @ Work Editorial LA
- Assistant Editor: Gladys Bernadac
- Head of Production: Brandee Probasco
- Executive Producer: Marlo Baird
- Telecine: Company 3
- Colorist: Tom Poole
- Producer: Alexandra Lubrano
- Visual Effects: Method Studios
- Executive Producer: Scott Boyajan, Michelle Machado
- Producer: Scott Tinter, Persis Reynolds
- VFX Supervisor: Doug Luka @ Method Studios
- CG Supervisor: Remy Normand
- Comp Supervisor: Marc Rice
- Flame Lead: Ian Holland
- Anim Supervisor: Patrick Heumann
- Anim Lead: Daniel Alvite
- Lighting Supervisor: Mert Yamak
- FX Supervisor: Lyubomir Kirkov
- Matchmove Lead: Jeevith Suryakanth
- Layout Lead: Lilas Wang
- Environment Lead: Peter Dominik
- DMP Lead: Gottfried Eder
- Visual Artist (Unspoken): Theodor Groeneboom
- Graphics: Toros Kose
- Music Production: Human
- Music by Human
- Head of Sync and A&R: Kamela Anderson
- Executive Producer: Carol Dunn
- Creative Director: Gareth Williams @ Human
- Unspoken Composer: John Christopher Barnes
- US Production Supervisor: Ena Nicole Abadjian
- Local Line Producer: Aleksandra Babić
- Art Director: Serban Porupca
- Wardrobe Design: Bojana Nikitović and Jana Zaharijević
- Makeup Artist: Tanja Vidanović
- Hair Stylist: Jelena Dujović
- SFX Makeup: Miroslav Lakobrija
- Gaffer: Dragan Šapić Shapa
- Key Grip: Ivan Leković
- Casting Directors: Sally McCleery and Hayley Williams
- Starring: Jamal Ajala (Chris Preston)
- Chris Preston used the British version of sign language.
- Chris Preston's message was recorded on January 17, a 117 reference.
- YouTube - HALO, Halo Infinite | UNSC Archives - Unspoken (Retrieved on Nov 2, 2021)
- AdWeek - Creativity, How Halo Infinite's Marketing Is Building on the Franchise's Iconic, Immersive Advertising (Retrieved on Nov 7, 2021) [archive]
- Facebook - Biscuit Filmworks, Unspoken (Retrieved on Nov 7, 2021) [archive]