Season 03: Echoes Within Intro Cinematic
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
The Season 03: Echoes Within Intro Cinematic is a cinematic that plays when opening Halo Infinite during the duration of Season 03: Echoes Within. It is notable for being one of the only cutscenes not created in-engine, along with the first cutscene of Halo Infinite's campaign.
The cutscene begins with Hieu Dinh lying down in a bed. Vital monitors beep around him as voices from the past begin to speak.
- Marine Medic: His neural link is corrupted, ma'am.
- Laurette Agryna: Eklund. What exactly did Spartan Dinh put inside his head?
The camera shows a brain monitor. The fingers on Dinh's right hand move.
- Eklund: A Banished AI. The first I've ever seen.
The camera shows the back of Dinh's helmet. The AI slot glows red. Dinh's head shakes.
- Iratus: (Furious roar)
The brain monitor beeps much more rapidly now. Dinh's entire body shakes, and his head violently shakes.
The scene changes to Dinh standing on a desert planet, armored, but without his helmet. A Forerunner structure stands before him. The camera moves towards Dinh's face.
- Dinh: Why? Why here?
The camera shows Dinh's face, with closed eyes.
- Iratus: Because you refuse to see.
Dinh opens his eyes. A UNSC-designed door appears in front of him.
- Dinh: There's nothing you can show me that I haven't seen a thousand times.
Dinh walks in front of the door.
- Iratus: Except the truth.
The door slides open, revealing a gray fog inside. Iratus appears behind Dinh, then hovers in front of him. Iratus: Go on. I dare you. Dinh walks through the door. He appears in front of the Forerunner structure, now at night. A flaming Razorback is in front of him.
Dinh: I told them. Go at night. Airborne. It would have been different. Dinh crouches down and picks up a VK78 Commando.
- Iratus: Would it?
Iratus shows Dinh what would have happened in that scenario. He shows Dinh a Pelican being shot down by plasma shots. Dinh becomes infuriated at Iratus.
- Dinh: Get Out! Get Out! (angry roar) Get! Out!
- Iratus: (Cruel chuckle) But there is so much more to see.
Suddenly, Drones emerge from the sand around Dinh and they pull him under the sand.
- Dinh: (Pained groan)
- Dinh falls through the interior of the Forerunner structure and lands on the ground. He rises to his feet.
- Iratus: I smell...(sniffs) fear. How disappointing.
The same door from the desert is in front of Dinh. Iratus once again appears beside Dinh.
- Dinh: You weren't here. And I'm not gonna let you go any further!
- Iratus: Ah! There's that Spartan spirit! Delicious!
The door slides open, revealing a blinding white light. Dinh is forcibly pulled into the door.
- Iratus: But, in the end, pointless.
Dinh is taken into a room with dead Drones littering the floor. Dead Spartan-IVs are scattered among the corpses.
- Dinh: You don't know anything.
Dinh walks to a pillar in the center of the room. A dead Spartan is against the pillar.
- Iratus: Because the truth is this: it always ends the exact same way.
Dinh removes the Spartan's helmet, revealing himself, but with shorter hair. His doppelganger opens his eyes.
- Doppelganger: Death for you. And triumph-
The doppelganger grabs Dinh.
Iratus, through Dinh: -for me!
Dinh rises in the bed, and the camera zooms into his helmet.
Cuts to black.