Redoubt of Sundering
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|“||Scattered reports from UNSC field operatives identify this outpost as a processing site for imprisoned UNSC personnel. To what ultimate end is unknown.||”|
|Redoubt of Sundering|
Halopedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level. Could you write one?
The Master Chief storms the Redoubt of Sundering in order to free the POWs held there.
If the Chief approaches the Redoubt of Sundering before capturing FOB Echo:
- Weapon: "Multiple UNSC signatures in that Banished stronghold, Chief. I think we've got some friendlies inside."
If the Chief approaches the Redoubt of Sundering after capturing FOB Echo:
- Weapon: "The stronghold we detected at the FOB is up ahead, Chief. The Redoubt of Sundering. Inside I'm picking up... multiple UNSC signatures."
As the Chief approaches, he can hear a Banished officer giving orders.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "New orders from the House of Reckoning. Ready 129 and 194 for transport."
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Human distress call intercepted. Rendezvous coordinates transmitting now."
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Remember: humans marked for processing are NOT for eating. Humans marked for eating, however, are for eating."
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Transport confirmed. Fresh meat inbound."
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Practice no mercy. Exercise no restraint. Glory to the Banished!"
If the Chief gets close enough without being detected, he can overhear a second Jiralhanae officer interrogating a captive marine.
- Jiralhanae Officer 2: "Where is your squad? Where are the other survivors? Talk! Now!"
- Captive Marine: "They're at summer camp. Having all kinds of fun."
- Jiralhanae Officer 2: "Do you think this is some kind of joke, human?"
- Captive Marine: "...Yes."
The Chief spots some captured marines tied to a plasma gyve.
- Weapon: "Look there - the marines. This must be where they processed prisoners before sending them to the Tower. We've got to get them out of here."
The Chief storms the Redoubt.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "The Spartan has come! Secure the prisoners!"
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "All forces! Find and eliminate the Spartan!"
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "The Redoubt of Sundering is breached!"
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Defend the outpost! The Redoubt of Sundering will NOT fall on our watch!"
The Chief frees the first group of prisoners.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "The humans are loose! Kill them! KILL THEM ALL!"
The freed marines grab whatever weapons are available and follow the Chief as he fights his way to the next group of prisoners.
The Chief frees the second group of prisoners.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "The restraints have failed! Secure the prisoners!"
- Weapon: "Get ready. More reinforcements inbound!"
Gydrozka Workshop Breaching Pods are deployed.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "More! MORE! Obliterate the Spartan!"
The Chief and the freed marines defeat the reinforcements. They then proceed to the last group. After eliminating the Banished guards, the Chief destroys the final plasma gyve and liberates the third group of prisoners.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Do not simply STAND BY while he frees our captives, you idiots!"
- Weapon: "I'm picking up one last UNSC tag inside that central holding structure - under heavy guard."
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Reinforcements inbound! You must NOT fail!"
A Banished Phantom drops off additional reinforcements, but the Chief and his allies take them down.
As the Chief and the marines approach the central structure, they hear someone inside calling out for help.
- Squad Leader: "Who's killing everybody out there? The hell's going on?"
- Squad Leader: "Don't forget about me!"
- Squad Leader: "If I die in here I'm gonna haunt the CRAP out of you idiots!"
- Squad Leader: "I swear to God, if you guys leave me in here..."
- Squad Leader: "Hey? What's going on out there?"
- Squad Leader: "One still alive in here!"
The Chief and his allies break into the central structure, where they discover the squad leader imprisoned behind an energy barrier.
- Squad Leader: "I can't believe it. It's you."
- Squad Leader: "You're a sight for sore eyes."
- Squad Leader: "C'mon, Chief. Bust me out of here."
John-117 eliminates a gravity hammer-wielding Chieftain and the other guards.
- Weapon: "Now for our friend... I think that console's rigged to his cage."
The Chief uses the console to deactivate the barrier.
- John-117: "You all right, Marine?"
- Squad Leader: "Yeah... I am now. Chief - we thought you were dead. Thank you."
- Weapon: "The Redoubt of Sundering is out of Banished control. We're two for two on gatecrashing prisons. The marines probably want to burn this place to the ground. But at least there'll be no more prisoners processed here."
Mission is completed.
- Audio logs (4): Banished Outpost Intel 07 - That Which Remains, Banished Outpost Intel 08 - Remain Vigilant, UNSC Outpost Intel 07 - Escape Plan, UNSC Outpost Intel 08 - Last-Ditch Effort
- Spartan cores (1)