From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
"WE'VE GOT A NEW CONTACT, UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION!"This article may contain information based upon upcoming, unreleased, or recently-released content from Halo Infinite, and may not be fully complete. Additionally, the information may be subject to change if it is based on pre-release material. Please update it as soon as any relevant and accurate material is available.
This article is about the Halo Infinite multiplayer map. For the Halo Wars multiplayer map, see Chasms.
Installation 07 substructure
Forerunner interiors, hard light bridges
Recommended number of players:
|“||Mind the gap.||”|
Chasm is a multiplayer arena map that was included in Halo Infinite's Season 03: Echoes Within.
Universe and lore
Chasm is set in an underground Forerunner structure set within the substructure of Installation 07.
- This section needs expansion. You can help Halopedia by expanding it.
The following are locations on the map that are so named on the player's heads-up display during gameplay:
- Cobalt Base
- Cobalt Back Room
- Cobalt Attic
- Cobalt Bridge
- Cobalt Jungle
- Cobalt Flank
- Cobalt Short Cut
- Middle Bridge
- Tooth Pick
- Gold Flank
- Gold Jungle
- Gold Short Cut
- Gold Bridge
- Gold Base
- Gold Back Room
- Gold Attic
- Ohh Nooo
- The layout of Chasm was partially inspired the Halo: Combat Evolved map Boarding Action, with its linear side areas separated by a long bottomless pit.
- Chasm is based heavily on a specific segment—also called "Chasm" internally—of the Halo Infinite mission Foundation. During the Halo Infinite network co-op flight, multiplayer level designer Cliff Schuldt and a friend of his were playing in the aforementioned segment of the mission Foundation when they noticed that it would make for a fun multiplayer map. Schuldt decided to pull the space into a multiplayer level and make it rotationally symmetric so that it would work for Capture the Flag. After the map was well-received in its early playtests, it was decided that it would get the full treatment as an official map.
- As the art team worked on the map, it was decided that they would visually differentiate each side of the map by giving one the traditional Forerunner blue theme, while the other side was given a greater emphasis on the gold element like what is seen in the Silent Auditorium.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k Halo Waypoint, Season 3: Maps & Modes Preview (Retrieved on Mar 1, 2023) [archive]
- ^ a b YouTube - HALO, Season 3: Echoes Within Launch Trailer | Halo Infinite (Retrieved on Feb 24, 2023)
- ^ ArtStation, Halo Infinite | Follow the Signal, Chasm & Temple (Retrieved on Feb 24, 2023) [archive]