From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Map file name (?):
Canyon, Forest, Forerunner structures
|“||These beacons are no stranger to explosive conflict.||”|
Universe and lore
The map is set within one of the many canyons on the surface of Installation 07. Set into the side of a high cliff, this canyon hosts two beam emitters, and various Forerunner nodes and beacons. Following the ring's fragmentation during Battle for Zeta Halo, the 511th Infantry Division from the UNSC Infinity have established a base of operations in the canyon, and set up equipment to survey the fragment of the ring. While fighting off Sentinel patrols and evading the increasingly frequent scouting runs of Banshee talons, the survivors attempted to make contact with other UNSC forces that might be within comms range.
The map allows the use of Razorbacks, Wasps, Banished Choppers, Riuctda Workshop Ghosts, 'Ahtulai Workshop Banshees, Chaingun Warthogs, Rocket Warthogs, Mongooses, Scorpions, and Eklon'Dal Workshop Wraiths.
The following are locations on the map that are so named on the player's heads-up display during gameplay:
- Canyon Base
- Canyon Roadway
- Broken Ring
- Hex Vault Courtyard
- Center Rock Path
- Hex Junction
- Center Hex Path
- Canyon Wall
- Front Canyon Base
- Rock Junction
- Hex Vault Hike
- Hex Vault - Internally referred to as the "loot cave", entrance into the Hex Vault requires a player to hack open a door with their personal AI. Inside are various equipment and weapons.
- Wreckage - The road and trees around a burning, wrecked Warthog
The map was first shown unnamed in the A New Generation trailer, and was eventually shown in more detail with hints to its setting in the Halo Infinite Multiplayer Overview trailer. Finally, in a Canon Fodder post on Halo Waypoint, Fragmentation had its name revealed and further story details divulged. The map is playable in the second Halo Infinite multiplayer preview.
In Capture the Flag once a flag is captured the scoring team's beam emitter will fire.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - Showcase Sensitive (Retrieved on Jun 16, 2021) [archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Multiplayer Technical Preview Overview (Retrieved on Sep 30, 2021) [archive]
- Halo Infinite, Fragmentation map description
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - Preview Purview (Retrieved on Sep 30, 2021) [archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Canon fodder: Foundations (Retrieved on Jan 12, 2022) [archive]
- A New Generation
- YouTube - HALO, Halo Infinite Multiplayer Tech Preview Early Look
- IGN, Halo Infinite: ‘Streets’ Multiplayer Map Revealed – IGN First (Retrieved on Nov 1, 2021) [archive]
- Halo Infinite Multiplayer Overview