War Games Map_Set/: 733-4
Forerunner tower bases, alpine river canyon
Recommended number of players:
|“||Now integrated into the War Games simulation, this curiously hidden gorge was once the site of a Spartan deployment.||”|
Ragnarok is a Halo 4 multiplayer map. It is a remake of the map Valhalla from Halo 3, which itself is a spiritual successor to Blood Gulch and Coagulation. The map is also featured on three missions of Spartan Ops, in which it is known as Two Giants.
- Main article: Two Giants
Ragnarok is set in a location on Requiem codenamed by the UNSC as "Two Giants". Enigmatic and multi-purposed, spire beacons similar to these apparently frequent a number of Forerunner sites, including Halo and Shield installations, as well as the Ark megastructure. Buried within deep canyons, these towers are not only sheltered from off-world debris, but their positions allowed them to leverage the steep environment’s natural harmonics to amplify their signals when firing deep into space. Most scientists believe the spires - at their base function - act as communication channels, sending specific commands to other remote locations. The full operation and over-arching purpose of these mysterious objects, however, remains a source of speculation. Canyons like these were often reused based on the specific tastes of their creator, their function and as the result of other semi-random variables in the chosen design template.
Just like Valhalla, Ragnarok features two bases, one for Red team and Blue team respectively. In the middle is a cliff, which is a good place for map control, and is also where the Spartan Laser spawns. On one side of the map is a big Forerunner 'wall', which also features a small hill with a Machine Gun Turret on it. On the opposite side of the wall is a crashed Pelican which also serves as a good place for map control. A river cuts through the middle of the map, which is an excellent route for vehicles, especially the Mongoose and Warthog, as the depth allows for good cover against both enemy fire and boarding attempts.
- When flying a Banshee, avoid enemy Mantises, because the Mantis is easily capable of destroying a Banshee.
- The crashed Pelican is a good place to hide when sniping.
- Most vehicular action occurs near the center creek on the map. If you are not in a vehicle, it is recommended that you avoid the creek.
- Close-quarter weapons, like shotguns, are not very effective on Ragnarok, due to the size of the map. Instead, long-ranged weapons are more useful and tactical.
- The Spartan Laser is a game-changing weapon to have, if used properly. Players should try to grab it at the beginning of the match to quickly eliminate all of the enemy Mantises and Banshees.
- This section needs expansion. You can help Halopedia by .
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
- It is possible to climb up the front of either base, beneath the man cannon.
- It is also possible to be killed by the Guardians by reaching the top of either base tower. To reach it, you need a Banshee AND a jetpack.
- The name refers to the Ragnarök events in Old Norse mythology, including a great battle resulting in the death of many Old Norse figures. In the same mythology, Odin is aided by many at Valhalla, hence this map being a remake of Halo 3's Valhalla.
- The "Crate Small" object on Ragnarok assumes the shape of a Drum or Barrel rather than the traditional Crate.
- There is a secret room inside of the tower in each base.
Two man cannons located on a Forerunner structure.
A SPARTAN-IV on Ragnarok.
Two Mantises destroying each other on Ragnarok.
A Banshee flying on Ragnarok.
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide
- Spartan Ops, S1E3 Catherine
- Halo Waypoint: Requiem
- Halo Waypoint forums: Catalog's response - [Serendipitous] or [pleasing] patterns are often represented at different scales and locales, based on the tastes of the [pattern weaver] or as a result of [semi-stochastic] initial conditions inherent in the chosen template.