Crimson Map Pack
The Crimson Map Pack was the first DLC map pack to be released for Halo 4, officially announced on October 24, 2012. Released on December 10, 2012, the map pack includes three new multiplayer maps, Wreckage, Harvest, and Shatter. It also includes eight additional achievements worth a total of 250 gamerscore. The Map Pack is one of three included in the War Games Season Pass (an item included with the Halo 4 Limited Edition, as well as separately purchasable for 2000 Microsoft Points). The Map Pack can also be purchased individually for 800 Microsoft Points. The pack is named after the protagonistic SPARTAN-IV Fireteam Crimson.
- Main article: Harvest (level)
- Main article: Shatter
- Main article: Wreckage
Wreckage is set on a Forerunner Line Installation, amidst the debris of a crashed ship.
- Now They Fly? - 50G - In Crimson DLC matchmaking, get a kill while airborne in a Warthog.
- Size Is Everything - 20G - In Crimson DLC matchmaking, kill 20 enemies with a detached Machine Gun Turret.
- ODST - 30G - In Crimson DLC matchmaking, kill a player while airborne from a Man Cannon.
- Bigfoot - 20G - In Crimson DLC matchmaking, kill 20 enemies using the Mantis' stomp attack.
- David and Goliath - 20G - In Crimson DLC matchmaking, board an enemy Mantis.
- Clay Pigeon - 40G - In Crimson DLC matchmaking, shoot an enemy out of the air while they use the Man Cannon.
- Special Delivery - 30G - In Crimson DLC matchmaking, kill an enemy with a melee attack when landing from a Man Cannon.
- Pump Yer Brakes - 40G - In Crimson DLC matchmaking, score the killing blow on a Mantis.
Promotions and trailers
- Main article: Crimson Map Pack Trailer
The Crimson Map Pack Trailer was released November 29, 2012. 
Several ideas were explored but eventually scratched during the development of the Crimson Map Pack. These three maps were tentatively named Jewel, Sentinel Factory and Infinity Engine. The latter was likely related to the same location in Spartan Ops.
- ^ Major Nelson: Announcing the Halo 4 War Games Pass
- ^ a b Halo Waypoint: The Halo Bulletin 11.29.12
- ^ Goran Bukvic: I finally got the green light to post some concepts I did for HALO 4 - Crimson Map