Castle Map Pack
The Castle Map Pack was the third DLC map pack released for Halo 4, officially announced on October 24, 2012. Released on April 8, 2013, the map pack includes three new multiplayer maps, Daybreak, Outcast, and Perdition. A collaborative effort between 343 Industries and Certain Affinity, it includes 9 achievements worth 250 Gamerscore. The map pack is one of three included in the War Games Season Pass (an item included with the Halo 4 Limited Edition, as well as being separately purchasable for 2,000 Microsoft Points). It costs $10 USD, or 800 Microsoft Points. On July 7, 2017, along with all other Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo: Reach DLC map packs, the Castle Map Pack was made free to those on Xbox Live. The pack is named after the deceased SPARTAN-IV Fireteam Castle.
- Main article: Daybreak
"Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range."
- Main article: Outcast
"Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice."
- Main article: Perdition
"Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features."
- What is Yours is Also Mine - 40G - In Castle DLC Matchmaking, disable a vehicle and then hijack it.
- Dodge This! - 20G - In Castle DLC Matchmaking, get two direct Spartan Laser kills in one match.
- Hello Nurse! - 30G - In Castle DLC Matchmaking, heal a near-death teammate with Regen Field 5 times.
- That Won't Save You - 30G - In Castle DLC Matchmaking, assassinate an enemy who is using a Hardlight Shield.
- Ashes to Ashes - 10G - In Castle DLC Matchmaking, disintegrate 6 enemies using Forerunner weapons.
- Beating Up the Beat - 30G - In Castle DLC Matchmaking, perform 5 melee kills in a single match.
- Sight Seeing - 20G - In Castle DLC Matchmaking, complete a match in any mode for each Castle map.
- Scrapyard - 30G - In Castle DLC Matchmaking, destroy 2 vehicles during a single game.
- Outta My Way! - 40G - In Castle DLC Matchmaking, kill 5 enemies during a match by running them over.
An early concept art for a map set in Mombasa.