From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
April 6, 2016
Number of REQs:
Total unlock cost:
Includes content for:
- 46 new REQs
- New armor sets
- New multiplayer modes:
- New multiplayer maps:
- New sandbox items:
- 4 armor skins: Helioskrill Bloodgorger, Helioskrill Warbound, Jumpmaster Dispatcher, Shinobi Heartless
- 5 weapon skins: Last Dawn (MA5D assault rifle, M6H2 magnum, BR85 battle rifle, M395B DMR, M20 SMG)
- 1 visor: Mad Dog
- 11 emblems: Golden Arm, Grifball, Ducat, Kinetic, M6D, Rabbit, Spartan Helmet, Tartan, Triplicate, Vertigo, True Light
- 2 assassinations: Knee-dful Things, Terminal Velocity
- 2 stances: Hammer Time, Old School
- Main article: Hammer Storm teaser
Hammer Storm Launch Trailer
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians - Hammer Storm Launch Trailer
A full trailer released on February 24, 2016, showcasing the update's content and features.
- Color palette for armor and emblems expanded from 32 to 60 colors, although certain preexisting colors such as Teal are removed.
- "Harmonies" (pre-set color combinations) for emblems are replaced, players can manually select the primary, secondary, and tertiary colors for their emblems as in prior Halo games.
- Despite being teased at the end of the Infinity's Armory live stream the Azure Dream weapon skins were not released on this update, however they eventually were released in the Memories of Reach update.
- If a player was using a color that was removed before the update happened, then their Spartan defaulted to pink after the update. Additionally, emblem harmonies would become bugged for films recorded before the Hammer Storm update, and would report improper colors if the one in the old harmony happened to be replaced.
- The armor mod Death From Above wasn't revealed in any of the update screenshots.
A myriad of Spartan-IVs, all with newly updated armor colors.