From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Players earn REQ Points after each match of Arena or Warzone multiplayer. These points can then be used to purchase REQ Packs, which contain various requisitions: unlockable weapons, vehicles, armors, skins, assassination animations, stances, and other items. REQ Packs are also earned by advancing to a higher Spartan Rank and completing Commendations, and once per day for winning in Arena and Warzone. Although REQ Packs are earned in both Arena and Warzone multiplayer, only cosmetic items are usable in Arena to maintain balanced competitive play. Gameplay-affecting requisitions (such as weapons and vehicles) are, however, usable in Warzone.
The requisitions available to the player are governed and balanced by Warzone's REQ Level and Energy systems, which are in turn dependent on player and team performance. When players first launch Halo 5: Guardians, they’ll receive a starting REQ bundle that includes 54 REQ cards, as well as 7,500 REQ points.
New REQ content will continue to be released following the game's launch. REQ packs can also be purchased with real-world currency. The different tiers of packs include Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Premium with the level determining the quality of REQs inside. A Gold REQ Pack has a chance of including Legendary requisitions, while a Bronze REQ Pack does not.
- Main article: List of REQ cards
The REQ cards can be identified through three different categories, the first being the type of usage for the cards, the second being the rarity of a card and lastly the actual types of cards received by the player.
There are two types of cards: Permanent REQ cards are cards that can be used an unlimited amount of times (such items include Loadout Weapons, Helmets, Armor, Emblems, visors, Player stances, assassinations, armor mods, certifications, and weapon skins) while Single use REQ cards are cards that can only be used once (such as Power Weapons, vehicles, powerups, and boosts).
There are six levels of rarity for each card: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Ultra-rare, Legendary, and the sub-class Mythic rarity.
One kind of REQ cards are the REQ point cards. These cards give players REQ points to use to buy more REQ packs.
There are seven types of items a player can get out of REQ packs exclusive to Warzone.
There are eight types of REQ cards that can be used in both Warzone and Arena. These are mostly items that have zero effect in multiplayer.
REQ packs are bundled REQs, the content of which is mostly random. These packs can be acquired by players in-game, for example when players level up their Spartan Rank (SR) and complete Commendations across multiplayer, or by purchasing real-world Halo merchandise such as purchasing Halo: Last Light.
The following is an inexhaustive list of ways to acquire REQ packs:
- By purchasing the Halo 5: Guardians digital, limited, limited collectors, or console edition.
- By pre-ordering Halo 5: Guardians from select retailers.
- By purchasing the Halo 5: Guardians controllers.
- By purchasing Astro Halo 5: Guardians headset.
- By purchasing the Halo 5: Guardians Official Game Guide Collectors Edition
- By purchasing McFarlane's Halo 5: Guardians Figures Series 1 and 2.
- By purchasing select MegaBloks sets
- By purchasing Halo: Last Light.
Types of REQ packs
There are numerous different types of REQ Packs in Halo 5: Guardians. The contents of a REQ pack are mostly random, and are determined the moment it is opened.
- Bronze: Bronze REQ Packs include Common, single use REQs, but are likely to unlock a new permanent REQ, if available. These cost 1,250 REQ points.
- Silver: Silver REQ Packs include Common to Rare REQs with the added value of two new permanent REQs, if available. These cost 5,000 REQ points or $1.99 (USD).
- Gold: Gold REQ Packs contain a large number of REQs ranging from Uncommon to Legendary. Players are guaranteed two new permanent REQs, if available. These cost 10,000 REQ points, or $2.99 (USD).
- Spartan Rank: Spartan Rank REQ Packs are rewarded to players as they increase their Spartan Rank though the experience earned in the Arena and Warzone modes. As a player's Rank increases so does the value of the REQ Pack rewarded.
- Commendation: Commendation REQ Packs are rewarded to players as they complete specific challenges while playing in either Warzone or Arena multiplayer modes. These packs grant players with emblems and single-use REQs.
- Featured: Featured REQ Packs will occasionally be available in the REQ Store, offering players a unique value for a limited time.
- Premium/Warzone REQ Bundle: Premium REQ Packs provide players with a larger number of REQs with an increased chance at receiving higher levels of rarity and more permanent REQs, if available. They are amongst the highest-value packs players can earn in the system when available. Each player can only have 14 bundles in total, with 2 being given each week for 7 weeks. After the period is over, more of these bundles cannot be purchased.
- Supply: Supply REQ Packs can be obtained by purchasing select Halo licensed products at Retail and are offered in three levels; Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced.
- Promotional: Promotional REQ Packs are available through various promotions, often containing pre-determined rewards, such as those pre-ordering Halo 5: Guardians, with two variants: Promotional and Advanced Promotional.
Promotional REQ Cards
These are the items in the Promotional REQ packs. As they have pre-determined items in them. All of these items can be unlocked normally in REQ Packs(bar the Console Edition Emblem)
- Console Edition: MJOLNIR FOTUS Armor + Console Exclusive Emblem
Halo Channel items
- Watch any video: Emblem
- Watch the first episode of Nightfall: Nightfall Helmet
- Watch all five episodes of Halo Nightfall: Nightfall Armor
Master Chief Collection Achievements
- Earn the Your Journey Begins achievement: Mark VI [GEN 1] Helmet and Armor
- Earn the Cairo Station achievement: Mark VI [GEN 1] Scarred Helmet and Armor
- Earn the Legend achievement: MJOLNIR Helioskrill Helmet and Armor
Timed REQ cards
- Halo 5 Experience watch all 10 videos: Vengeance Assault Rifle Skin
- Play Halo 5 before November 7th, 2015: MJOLNIR Teishin Helmet and Armor Raikou skin.
- Gamestop Pre-order: MJOLNIR Hunter Armor + Helmet, Sentinel BR85HB variant, and Battle Rifle Bloodthirst skin, Rampant Visor, and the Liang Dortmund Emblem Pack.
- Amazon Pre-order: Projection SMG with Long Barrel variant, SMG Potence skin, and the Saturnine Visor.
- Best Buy Pre-Order:MJOLNIR Athlon Armor + Helmet Iccus skin, Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator, Assault Rifle Steel skin, Dianthus Visor(Canada Only visor)
- Microsoft Store Pre-order: Recon Assault Rifle with Energy Bayonet, Assault Rifle Lagrange Skin.
Official/Partner REQ cards
- Master Chief Controller: Dauntless visor
- Locke Controller: Resolute visor
- ASTRO: Astro Emblem
- Prima Guide: Prima Emblem
- J!NX: J!NX Emblem
- AXE: MJOLNIR Recon Armor + Helmet
- Monster Energy: Multiplayer Emblem Set
Unknown (Possibly Walmart pre-order)
- Unknown: Recon DMR with Silencer variant, and DMR Clash skin
Depending on the choice of REQ packs opened, a player may end up unlocking certifications and cosmetics at either a fast rate or an overly slow one. For instance, opening only Gold packs would demand a high amount of REQ points each time but would take ages to unlock everything from Uncommon to Legendary, while inversely opening only Bronzes would let the player acquire a new pack with the points from only a single match but yield only Common unlocks.
If the player starts with only opening Bronze packs until they have every Common unlock, then only Silver packs to unlock everything Uncommon to Rare, then only Gold for Ultra Rare to Legendary, it would cost them (as of the Warzone Firefight update) 3,269,500 REQ points, made up of 224 Bronze packs, 216 Silver Packs, and 192 Gold Packs.[Note 1] Doing so in cash would cost $841.76 USD.
343 Industries-exclusive content
There is one item that cannot be unlocked through the REQ system as it is exclusive to staff of 343 Industries. The lone item is as follows:
Blank REQ cards
- This assumes that the unlock chance on Bronze packs is 50% and that the unlock chance for Emblems is 33%, though it is often higher for most players.
- Halo Waypoint: Building Your REQ Collection Part 2
- Halo Waypoint: More info: REQ Packs in Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Waypoint: Halo Community Update 6-25-15
- - Amazon.com: Halo 5: Guardians Game Guide Collectors Edition
- Big Bad Toy Store - Halo 5: Guardians 6" Figure Series 01 - Set of 6
- Big Bad Toy Store - Halo 5: Guardians 6" Figure Series 02 - Set of 4
- Megabloks REQ Pack FAQ
- Amazon: Halo: Last Light