War Games exercises
The Athlon helmet features an inner layer with a magnetorheological dampening system specifically crafted for Spartan physiology.
The armor is used during live-fire War Games exercises.
- Champion: Athlon Champion is rebuilt and returned version of the default Athlon armor. It is a temperamental creation that requires a full team of technicians on hand to repair and retune the suit between each War Games match for optimal performance.
Halo 5: Guardians
Unlock: Common REQ card
- Helmet Description: The ATHLON helmet's inner layer uses a magnetorheological dampening system perfectly tuned to the peculiarities of the Spartan physiology.
- Body Description: Multiply redundant safety systems in the ATHLON significantly reduce the chance of major injury during live War Games.
Available skins: Champion, Cynisca, Iccus, Lycinus and Varazdat
Cynisca unlock: Uncommon REQ card
Iccus unlock: Rare REQ card
Lycinus unlock: Common REQ card
Varazdat unlock: Common REQ card
Champion unlock: Legendary REQ card (Limited)
- Champion Helmet Description: CHAMPION armor requires a full team of technicians on hand to repair and retune the suit between each War Games match.
- Champion Body Description: A rebuilt and retuned version of the Athlon armor, the CHAMPION is a temperamental creation that requires constant maintenance in exchange for optimal performance.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
The Athlon suit was first shown in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta announcement trailer. The permutation is part of Breakout, a new game mode in Halo 5: Guardians. Athlos is a Greek word meaning ″contest″ (eg; triathalon and the root of the word "athlete") and alludes to the E-sports-oriented nature of Breakout.
- The Athlon armor skins are named after ancient Olympic athletes: Cynisca, Iccus of Taranto, Lycinus of Croton, and Varazdat.
Concept art of Athlon armor for Halo 5: Guardians.
Lucy-B091 wearing the Athlon armor in Halo: Legacy of Onyx.
Halo 5: Guardians Skins
List of appearances