From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
War Games exercises
The Athlon helmet features an inner layer with a magnetorheological dampening system specifically crafted for Spartan physiology.
- Champion: Athlon Champion is rebuilt and retuned version of the default Athlon armor. It is a temperamental creation that requires a full team of technicians on hand to repair and retune the suit between each War Games match for optimal performance.
Mirage IIC Overview
The re-engineered variant of the Athlon helmet compatible with the Mirage IIC armor platform is streamlined, efficient and adaptable. Because of this features, the helmet is a front-runner for mass production.
Halo 5: Guardians
Available skins: Champion, Cynisca, Iccus, Lycinus and Varazdat
Default unlock: Common REQ card
Cynisca unlock: Uncommon REQ card
Iccus unlock: Rare REQ card
Lycinus unlock: Common REQ card
Varazdat unlock: Common REQ card
Champion unlock: Legendary REQ card (Limited)
- Helmet description: The ATHLON helmet's inner layer uses a magnetorheological dampening system perfectly tuned to the peculiarities of the Spartan physiology.
- Body description: Multiply redundant safety systems in the ATHLON significantly reduce the chance of major injury during live War Games.
- Helmet description (Champion): CHAMPION armor requires a full team of technicians on hand to repair and retune the suit between each War Games match.
- Body description (Champion): A rebuilt and retuned version of the Athlon armor, the CHAMPION is a temperamental creation that requires constant maintenance in exchange for optimal performance.
|Misriah Armory||Streamlined, efficient, adaptable. All features that make the re-engineered ATHLON a front-runner for mass production in this new age of strife.||Epic||Buy any of the HCS Year 2 Team Gear Up bundles in the Shop|
The following attachments are not exclusive to Athlon, and are compatible with other helmets on the Mirage IIC core.
The Athlon suit was first shown in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta announcement trailer. The permutation is part of Breakout, a new game mode in Halo 5: Guardians.
- Athlos is a Greek word meaning ″contest″ (eg; triathalon and the root of the word "athlete") and alludes to the E-sports-oriented nature of Breakout.
- The Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta had the armor created by Misriah Armory.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
Concept art of Athlon armor for Halo 5: Guardians.
Concept art of the Athlon helmet for Halo Infinite.
Lucy-B091 wearing the Athlon armor in Halo: Legacy of Onyx.
Lucy-B091 in her Athlon armor, as seen in the Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition).
Athlon in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta announcement trailer.
Athlon in a promotional Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta banner.
Athlon as seen in the Halo Championship Series intro video.
An Athlon-clad Spartan-IV on Coliseum.
Halo 5: Guardians skins
Halo 5: Guardians REQ cards
List of appearances
- Halo Infinite, Armor Hall: Athlon - Helmet Description "Streamlined, efficient, adaptable. All features that make the re-engineered ATHLON a front-runner for mass production in this new age of strife."
- Halo 5: Guardians - Armory description
- Halo Waypoint: Community Update - Golden Clouds
- NeoGaf: Frank O'Connor on the beta trailer