Enemy tracking software
|“||Gained prominence during the defense of Concord from the Covenant in 2551.||”|
The helmet has spatial recognition functionality. The suit has full-mobility, overlocking movement packages. The pauldrons are embedded, minimal silhouette pauldrons for improved close-quarters combat.
The lessons learned from Concord and advancements made with the project during the waning years of the Covenant War were only fully realized by the VENATOR model built upon the new GEN2 Mjolnir platform. Engineered for a variety of uses in the field, Lethbridge Industrial’s philosophical approach on improving user opportunity during hand-to-hand or single-enemy combat helped define the benefits that make VENATOR-class armor so effective.
After the Requiem Campaign, Lethbridge Industrial improved the Venator's power management subsystem and reduced its maintenance requirements. By October 2558, the armor's firmware had incorporated a generalization of predictive targeting algorithms originally created to assist new Spartans in close-quarters combat.
Available skins: Raptor (RPTR), Bayonet (BYNT), and Refractive (RFCT)
Default unlock: Complete the Assassin - Master commendation
Raptor unlock: Was a pre-order bonus through Best Buy. It is also available in the Halo 4 Game of the Year Edition.
Bayonet unlock: Purchase the Champions Bundle. It is not usable in Spartan Ops.
Refractive unlock: Purchase the Didact action figure in the second series of McFarlane's Halo 4 action figures. It is not usable in Spartan Ops.
- Description: Gained prominence during the defense of Concord from the Covenant in 2551.
Halo 5: Guardians
Available skins: Cestus, Retiarus, and Thraex
Default unlock: Ultra Rare REQ card
Retiarus unlock: Ultra Rare REQ card
Cestus unlock: Legendary REQ card
Thraex unlock: Legendary REQ card
- Helmet description: The latest VENATOR firmware incorporates a generalization of predictive targeting algorithms originally created to assist new Spartans in close-quarters combat.
- Armor description: Lethbridge Industrial has incorporated feedback from Requiem veterans to improve the VENATOR's power management subsystem and reduce its maintenance requirements.
- "Venator" is Latin for "hunter". The word commonly refers to men who hunted wild animals in Roman amphitheaters such as the Colosseum. Following this theme, the three skins for Venator armor in Halo 5: Guardians are named after three types of gladiators.
- The Venator helmet bears a great deal of resemblance to that of the Advanced Suit from the Dead Space series.
- The helmet's "eye slits" are considered a visor (and thus customizable) in Halo 5: Guardians, rather than being glowing white lights as they are in Halo 4.
- In the alpha build of Halo Online, the STEALTH-class Mjolnir armor uses the Venator design but with glowing lights through it.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
Concept of the Venator armor with Raptor skin for Halo 4.
Halo 4 skins
Halo 5: Guardians skins
List of appearances