Coordinating fire support
JFO is a Mjolnir variant that improves artillery request communication/coordination by Spartans across the Army, Navy, and Marine Corps. Spartans also using JFO are also fielded with systems and programs to protect them.
It was often fielded by single Spartans in reconnaissance, infiltration, and artillery targeting scenarios behind enemy lines. In 2553, the JFO helmet was worn by SPARTAN-III Owen-B096 as part of his mission with Outpost Discovery.
Designed and tested at Beweglichrüstungsysteme this helmet is fully compatible with all armor systems.
Base Price: 60,000 cR, Lt. Colonel
- Description: Beweglichrüstungsysteme was home to many projects attached to the MJOLNIR program.
HUL-I Price: 20,000 cR, Lt. Colonel
- Description: External hardened uplink-improved; upgraded variant of the standard issue HUL unit.
UA Price: 10,000 cR, Lt. Colonel
- Description: Up-armored variant of the base Mk.V[J] pattern helmet.
The JFO helmet appears in the armory upon reaching the rank of Warrant Officer, but is not unlocked until Lieutenant Colonel.
Two upgrades are available for the helmet. The first adds a Hardened Uplink Module-Improved, (HUL-I), and the second adds an Up-Armor plate (UA).
The helmet features a large visor, shaped like a shield or a fattened "T", and has two small air intakes on the cheek areas. Overall, the helmet provides significant armor coverage, protecting the majority of the head while maintaining a large field of vision.
In-game, the HUL-I is available only for the JFO helmet.
Price: 1,000 cR, Recruit
- Description: Designed and tested at Beweglichrüstungsysteme of Essen, Deutschland.
The JFO shoulder pauldrons are available from the beginning of the game.
The shoulder pieces are semi-circular arches that jut outwards from the shoulders. They also feature black, two-pronged protrusions that point parallel to the arm, and away from the hands.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
- JFO stands for Joint Fires Observer, a United States military designation for troops who coordinate fire support from land-based artillery and naval gun formations, as well as close air support.
- The visor of the JFO helmet somewhat resembles the faceplate of the Marvel Comics character Iron Man.
- The shape of the helmet and the large visor also give it something of a resemblance to the helmets worn by NMPD officers.
The JFO helmet, as worn by Owen-B096.
List of appearances