|“||Rigorously tested at Damascus Testing Facility on the rocky world of Chi Ceti IV.||”|
The helmet is comprised of components similar to those used by Marines, and the helmet has a "Team endurance catalyst" intel suite. In addition, the Soldier helmet is also noted for its low power consumption and is one of the most comfortable MJOLNIR helmets to wear due to the excessive attention paid to ergonomics in its design.
The legs have a shield emitter junction, heavy plated boots, and fixed soft cases. The armor has a variable case structure, which extends combat as operators will have more equipment, ammo, and materials. All these cases have minimal disruption on most Spartan-IV. The armor also has both fixed and modular composite layers, and additional magnetic hard points.
Having entered service by January 2553, the Soldier-class variant was manufactured by the Materials Group and tested at the Damascus Testing Facility on Chi Ceti IV. Soldier-class armor functions in a support capacity on the battlefield as operators equipped with this armor can carry substantially more equipment than Spartans wearing other armor types, while retaining their field mobility and dexterity.
Unlock: Achieve Spartan Rank 15
Available skins: ZNTH(Zenith)
- The ZNTH skin is obtainable by completing the Spartan Spree Mastery commendation.
Halo 5: Guardians
Unlock: Common REQ card
- Helmet description: Low power consumption, comfort, and obsessive attention paid in ergonomics distinguish the SOLDIER helmet design from other Mjolnir patterns.
- Body description: The SOLDIER armor system has proven so adaptable that design features have been integrated into the latest ODST combat ensembles.
Available skins: Dogface, Leatherneck, and Rebel
Dogface Unlock: Rare REQ card
Leatherneck Unlock: Common REQ card
Rebel Unlock: Uncommon REQ card
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
- The Soldier's chest piece resembles the Tactical LRP chest piece from Halo: Reach.
- The term "leatherneck" is military slang referring to a US Marine, as is "Devil Dog", from which "Dogface" comes from.
- The Soldier body armor is also used for the Scanner armor in Halo 5: Guardians.
Concept art of the Soldier armor variant for Halo 4.
A Spartan in Soldier armor utilizing the Hologram armor ability in an early build of Halo 4.
The Soldier helmet in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta.
Soldier in Halo 5: Guardians.
The Soldier helmet in Halo Online.
List of appearances
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Halo: Initiation
- Halo: Escalation
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Mythos
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual
- ^ a b c d e Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - Page 21, 166
- ^ a b Halo 4 - Armory description
- ^ a b Halo 5: Guardians - Armory description
- ^ Halo 4 Limited Edition - UNSC Infinity briefing packet
- ^ Halo: Initiation - Issue 2