Miscellaneous tasks and situations
- "Tested in the rough and tumble streets of downtown Kirkland, Washington."
- — FOTUS armory description
The helmet has a Torque-node component used to distract nearby predators, the base of the node detects levels of gravity-trough scaturiency. The helmet also features extended awareness conduits (ALK-03) which heightens mobility around senior operatives and moving-equipment personnel. The visor has lodged-tracking component 793-VF for improved survivability and maintenance. The chest has 90-RZ java-fuel monitoring software which evaluates current sustainability levels.[note 1]
Fotus was created by 343 Industries, by merging loose Forerunner technology and base Mjolnir architecture. It was originally forged at the RTC Facility before being transported to the Willows Complex for durability and survivability testing. At a later point it was tested at 434 Combat Readiness Lab where it was tested extensively in Kirkland's overcast and frigid nine-month winter season.[note 1]
Before full production of the armor could start, engineers required that it meet COUGAR-class safety protocols in an effort to protect it against feral branches of wildlife. These protocols were met and Fotus armor sets were deployed.[note 1]
A skin of this armor was part of the Forerunner Hybrid Kit, which is a group of equipment using classified Forerunner technology from Requiem, it was developed for highly experienced Spartan-IV by the Office of Naval Intelligence.
Fotus armor has proven invaluable in Seattle's corporate shadow-wars.
Unlock: This armor was a pre-order bonus with the Halo 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360 console.
- Description: Tested in the rough and tumble streets of downtown Kirkland, Washington.
- Forearm description: Land of Kirk cougar-safety protocols MUST be followed at all times.
- Leg armor description: Received excessively high movement proficiency ratings for coffee runs on rainy days.
Halo 5: Guardians
Available skins: Chillrose and Synchronize
Default unlock: Ultra Rare REQ card.
Chillrose unlock: Included in the Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition Xbox One console or Legendary REQ card
Synchronize unlock: Legendary REQ card
- Helmet description: The FOTUS helmet's torque-node extension represents a breakthrough in replicating Forerunner "baffler" sensor-distortion systems.
- Body description: Hand-crafted from the finest locally-sourced materials and repurposed Forerunner technology, FOTUS-class powered assault armor has proven invaluable in Seattle's corporate shadow-wars.
- In Halo 4, the FOTUS armor is presented as a metafictional joke. The acronym supposedly stands for "Fist of the Unicorn(s)", which was referenced as a band made up of the crew members of the UNSC Pillar of Autumn in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. In the in-game description, the armor is said to have been developed by 343 Industries tested in Kirkland, Washington, which is 343 Industries' hometown. The gauntlets are designed to defend against cougar attacks in the "Land of Kirk", while the FOTUS greaves earned high marks during coffee runs on rainy days. The prominent spike on top of the helmet is a reference to 343 Industries' running unicorn gag. While the FOTUS armor is canon, the armor's descriptions in Halo 4 are very tongue-in-cheek and obviously not meant to be taken seriously.
- The "corporate shadow-wars" mentioned in Halo 5: Guardians's FOTUS chest may be a reference to the RPG game "Shadowrun", set in a futuristic Seattle run by mega-corporations.
- The FOTUS body armor is shared with the Deadeye armor in Halo 5: Guardians.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
Halo 4 skin
Halo 5: Guardians skins
List of appearances