Explosive ordnance disposal
EOD-class Mjolnir (Explosive Ordnance Disposal), also designated as the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/EOD variant, is a MJOLNIR armor variant originally designed by Materials Group, with the GEN2 version being manufactured by the Naphtali Contractor Corporation.
- 1 GEN1 Information
- 2 GEN2 information
- 3 In-game information
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 List of appearances
- 7 Sources
|“||Developed at the Damascus Materials Testing Facility on X Ceti 4; entered service in 2531.||”|
The helmet was designed to channel the pressure wave of a nearby detonation around the user's head, significantly reducing the likelihood of decapitation in the event of an explosion. The MJOLNIR/EOD variant's pauldrons and chest plate were designed specifically to reduce the number of grabbing edges on the armor, decreasing the likelihood of dismemberment and protecting Spartans during operations that involve the handling of explosive ordnance (e.g., clearing/planting land mines, demolishing enemy structures/material and, or planting/defusing bombs).
The MJOLNIR/EOD variant was originally created at the UNSC Damascus Materials Testing Facility on Chi Ceti 4. The EOD variant is speculated to have been developed in response to the death of Samuel-034 (the first Spartan killed in action) in November 2525.
EOD is fielded by Spartans deep in enemy lines, allowing them to navigate dangerous territory to disable or destroy enemy mines before the UNSC properly arrived. In the post-war era, the GEN1 EOD set, specifically the helmet, is still favored by Spartan combat divers and pioneers tasked with demolition roles.
|“||Abilene's NCC took over production of this Mjolnir kit in 2554.||”|
The helmet has a pressure-resistant hardened re breather unit. The reactor has alternating heat-tempered balance drives. The pauldrons are flow-distributing ceramic plates. The GEN2 kit also includes anterior torque couplings.
In 2554, Abilene's Naphtali Contractor Corporation took control over the EOD armor's production, and adjusted the systems plate configuration to reduce the potential for dismemberment during explosive ordnance activity and facilitation. It was tested at the Buffalo Breaker Yards. They proposed numerous enhancements to the armor's systematic approach to the GEN2 framework.
Halo 3 (Mark VI Variant)
Unlock: Unlock the Campaign Complete: Legendary achievement.
- Description: The Mjolnir/EOD variant was created at UNSC facilities on Chi Ceti 4. The helmet was designed specifically to channel the pressure wave around the user's head, significantly reducing the likelihood of decapitation.
- Description: Developed at the UNSC Damascus Materials Testing Facility on Chi Ceti 4, the Mjolnir/EOD variant was designed specifically to reduce the number of grabbing edges on the armor, decreasing the likelihood of dismemberment.
Unlock: Complete Tsavo Highway on Legendary difficulty.
- Description: This variant was designed specifically to protect Spartans during operations involving the handling of explosive ordnance (e.g., cleaning/planting land mines, demolishing enemy structures/materiel).
Halo: Reach (Mark V Variant)
Developed at the Damascus Materials Testing Facility on X Ceti 4; entered service in 2531.
Base Price: 15,000 cR, Sergeant
- Description: Designed specifically to reduce likelihood of decapitation.
CNM Price: 5000 cR, Sergeant
- Description: Command network module; standard issue to UNSC Special Forces unit commanders.
UA/HUL: 3000 cR, Sergeant
- Description: Up-armored variant with hardened uplink module for MILINT acquisition.
Unlock: Achieve Spartan Rank 45
- Description: Abilene's NCC took over production of this Mjolnir kit in 2554.
Available skins: SHDW(Shadow)
- The SHDW skin is obtainable by completing the Regicide Victory - Master commendation.
Halo 5: Guardians
Unlock: Rare REQ card
- Helmet Description: The unique combination of safety and life support features in the EOD helmet make it an optimal choice for Spartan assault divers and pioneers who undertake demolition roles. That it also mitigates the risk for decapitation is a bonus.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
- Bungie Armor is a slight variation of the EOD chestplate. Bungie Armor lacks the three mid-level lights and has an effect that causes flames to appear around the helmet.
- The EOD chest plate bears a very striking resemblance to the armor design of the MJOLNIR Mark V armor's chest plate from Halo: Combat Evolved. Because of this, many players use it in conjunction with the Mark V helmet and Mark VI shoulders to create an improvised version of the original Mark V armor from Halo: Combat Evolved.
- The UA/HUL attachment makes the helmet look similar to the Rogue helmet seen in Halo 3, by removing the air filters.
- According to a Bungie poll, EOD was the 5th most popular helmet variation in Halo: Reach.
- The rebreathers featured on this helmet are similar to the CBRN attachements available for the Security and GUNGNIR helmets.
- The Caduceus emblem that appears on the Mark V EOD helmet also appears on med packs, Army medics, and the Tactical/Trauma Kit armor permutation. This suggests that the EOD may also have an intended secondary role to provide medical assistance to wounded allies in dangerous situations. It's possible that there may be a non-MJOLNIR variant of the helmet for use by UNSC medical personnel, likely in toxic environments where the distinctive CBRN would aid in operations.
Original render of the helmet for Halo 3.
Various concepts for the Mark V EOD helmet for Halo: Reach.
A render of an EOD helmet, found via a glitch in the Halo: Reach Beta.
Concept art of the MJOLNIR (GEN2) EOD armor for Halo 4.
A Spartan-IV wearing GEN1 EOD in Halo 5: Guardians.
GEN2 EOD in Halo Online.
A Spartan-IV wearing the GEN 1 EOD helmet in Halo 5: Guardians.
List of appearances
- Halo 3 (First appearance)
- Halo: Reach
- Halo: Fall of Reach
- Halo 4
- Halo 5: Guardians
- ^ a b c Halo: The Essential Visual Guide - Page 65
- ^ a b c d Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - Page 151
- ^ a b Halo 3 - Armory description
- ^ a b Halo 4 - Armory description
- ^ Halo: Reach - Armory description
- ^ Halo Waypoint: The MJOLNIR Project Part 2 [defunct] (Backup)
- ^ a b Halo 5: Guardians - Armory description
- ^ Halo 4 Limited Edition - UNSC Infinity briefing packet
- ^ Halo 4 Interactive Guide - Armor Types: EOD