Combine GEN2 enhancements with the GEN1 platform (Mark VI)
- "I'm wearing three layers of armor. Those man-droppers in your clip would just flatten themselves against my chest."
- — Lt. Fred-104 to Veta Lopis, referring to the ammunition of the latter's SAS-10 pistol
One of the testers was Fred-104, with his suit having a primary purpose to serve as a testbed for new technologies before they were incorporated into the MJOLNIR (GEN2) platform, a more modern armor that would later be utilized by Spartan-IVs.
Spartan Fred-104 received a prototype Centurion armor upon upgrading to the Mark VI platform at his return to Earth in October 2552, shortly before the Battle of Earth. With it, Frederic fought numerous battles on Earth, and later participated in the Onyx Conflict. Following his return to Earth in 2553, he continued to field-test multiple variants of the Centurion armor during highly confidential operations, until at least October 2558.
The GEN2 variant is equipped with C4I2SR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Information, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) technology which, combined with the warfighting skills of the Spartan wearer, has had major ramifications on UNSC doctrine on battlespace shaping and operations planning. The suit's threat management system also features the latest situational awareness tactical software and cognition-enhancing neural interlinks.
The GEN2 variant was still being developed by the Watershed Division.
By 2558, a GEN2 variant of Centurion is in use by Spartan Fred-104.
Halo 2: Anniversary
- Cannon Fodder description: When the Watershed Division began testing next-generation CENTURION-class Mjolnir armor, they created multiple prototypes designed to marry Mk.VI underpinnings with GEN2 enhancements.
Halo 5: Guardians
Available skins: Ironside
Default unlock: Legendary Mythic REQ card
Ironside unlock: Legendary Mythic REQ card
- Helmet description: The CENTURION's C4I2SR technology combined with Spartan warfighting talent is a game-changer for UNSC operational planning and battlespace shaping doctrine.
- Body description: The CENTURION threat management system incorporates the latest situational awareness tacsofts and cognition enhancing neural interlinks.
- A centurion was an officer in the ancient Roman army, in command of a century—a company of a hundred soldiers. The MJOLNIR Centurion armor bears a Roman-like crest on top of its helmet.
- All Centurion armors in Halo 5: Guardians have "104" stenciled on the chest plate in Braille.
- In the final version of Halo 5: Guardians, Fred's GEN2 Centurion armor has the techsuit gloves in two colors (pale blue and light turquoise), in the same two-tone coloring scheme as Kelly-087's Hermes and Linda-058's Argus armors.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
Fred (left) wearing the Centurion armor without its helmet in Halo: Escalation.
Fred escaping the Prometheans with the rest of Blue Team.
Concept art for MJOLNIR armors in Halo 2: Anniversary.
A Spartan wearing Mark VI Centurion on Bloodline.
Fred (right) in his newly received Mark VI Centurion armor in Halo 2: Anniversary's terminals.
Fred-104 wearing Centurion armor on the cover of Halo: Last Light.
Fred wearing GEN2 Centurion on Reach.
Early concept art of Fred's Centurion armor for Halo 5: Guardians.
The Centurion helmet in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta.
Halo 5: Guardians skins
List of appearances
- Halo: Escalation (First appearance)
- Halo 2: Anniversary
- Hunt the Truth
- Halo: Last Light
- Halo: The Fall of Reach - The Animated Series
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Mythos
- Halo: Tales from Slipspace
- Halo: Retribution
- Halo: Bad Blood
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual
- Halo: Lone Wolf
- ^ a b c d Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder 6/12/2015: Conventional Warfare
- ^ Halo: Last Light - Page 76
- ^ Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder 3/21/2015: Marching On
- ^ a b Halo 2: Anniversary - Terminal Unyielding
- ^ a b Halo Waypoint - Universe: Frederic-104
- ^ Acronym Finder - What does C4I2SR stand for?
- ^ Halo 5: Guardians - Armory description
- ^ Oxford Dictionaries - Centurion
- ^ Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder 3-21-15: Marching On Thread