|“||IMC field tested this armor in the hostile outlands of 'Bosque de Negro'.||”|
The helmet's visor has self-actuated, independent intel assessing systems. It also has heavy-gauge atmosphere filtration vents. The IMBR-119 close-fitting pauldron units allow smooth mobility in dense foliage. The chest has a extended canopy mount.
The armor contains anterior torque couplings, a Bravado-120 fitted stabilizer unit, and alternating heat-tempered balance drives.
Dedicated expert systems or dedicated AIs can be housed in the PATHFINDER helmet for on-site analysis of signals intelligence. These are run in a separate virtual machine from the rest of the suit's systems for security reasons.
The Pathfinder variant was manufactured by Imbrium Machine Complex It was tested at Ankara, Mare Imbrium on Luna in the brutal outland conditions of Bosque de Negro, where IMC determined the overall viability of the armor. It is intended primarily for use in operations that take place deep in unknown territory.
During testing IMC deployed a number of Pathfinder-equipped Spartans into Bosque de Negro. These Spartans survived and thrived on the forest's deadly terrain and wildlife.
Pathfinder has broken several challenge-duration records during its brutal stints in Bosque de Negro.
The PATHFINDER armor is already popular with Spartan force reconnaissance, and is now seeing extensive use with tactical signals intelligence elements.
Available skins: Core (CORE)
Default unlock: Achieve Spartan Rank PT-4.
Core unlock: Achieve Spartan Rank PT-9.
- Description: IMC field tested this armor in the hostile outlands of 'Bosque de Negro'.
Halo 5: Guardians
Available skins: Trailbreaker
Default unlock: Uncommon REQ card
Trailbreaker unlock: Rare REQ card
- Helmet description: Dedicated expert systems or dedicated AI's can be housed in the PATHFINDER helmet for on-site analysis of signals intelligence. These are run in a separate virtual machine from the rest of the suit's systems for security reasons.
- Body description: Already popular with Spartan force reconnaissance, PATHFINDER armor is now seeing extensive use with tactical signals intelligence elements.
- During the development of Halo 5: Guardians, the Pathfinder armor was codenamed "A021" when it was conceived.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
Specialization chart showing the Pathfinder armor along with variant.
Spartan Tedra Grant with the Pathfinder armor.
Render of the Pathfinder armor in Halo 5: Guardians.
Halo 4 skins
Halo 5: Guardians skins
Halo 5: Guardians REQ cards
List of appearances
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Halo: Initiation
- Halo: Escalation
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Mythos
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - Page 24, 174
- Halo 4 - Armory description
- Halo 5: Guardians - Armory description
- Halo 4 Limited Edition - UNSC Infinity briefing packet
- The link reveals the armor was named A021 during production