Standard default armor configuration for all recruited Spartan personnel.
|“||Standard default armor configuration for all recruited Spartan personnel.||”|
RECRUIT-class Mjolnir is a variant of the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor (GEN2) manufactured by Hannibal Weapon Systems and Materials Group. It is the standard armor for all newly recruited SPARTAN-IV personnel.
The reactor is covered by an "Class-A hardened reactor case". The shoulders are called "Common solid-plate pauldrons". There is a power conduit on the cuisse. The feet have segmented plates to increase mobility. The armor is designed to cope with the strain and duress experienced by newly augmented Spartan-IV.
The standard color scheme for Recruit-equipped Spartans aboard UNSC Infinity consists of orange-yellow stripes at various points, most notably along the center of the helmet, though the suit remains largely unpainted.[note 1] Whether this color scheme is common among all recently inducted SPARTAN-IVs is unknown.
The majority of the Recruit variants were manufactured by Hannibal Weapon Systems and tested at WG/Facility 93-00/Kotka. Both the forearms and greaves were manufactured by the Materials Group, with the forearms tested at FFG-045's combat lab, and the greaves manufactured on Chi Ceti IV.  Testing for the GEN2 version was swiftly done, as by January 2553 a copy of the armor was onboard the UNSC Infinity.
Decades of combat experience with Mjolnir suits informed the design and electronics hardware architecture of the RECRUIT helmet.
Newly inducted Spartans are required to use the Recruit-class armor for an individually determined time frame before requisitioning custom kits. The armor's performance consistency raises eyebrows among the more experienced Spartans, however, and despite its popularity, many Spartan-IVs opt to diversify the armor with other variants.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
- Description: Standard default armor configuration for all recruited Spartan personnel.
- Forearms Description: Standardized RECRUIT-class vambrace systems, vetted in the 'FFG-045' combat lab.
- Legs Description: Conventional RECRUIT-class full greave system manufactured on Chi Ceti IV.
Available skins: PRME(Prime) and TIGR(Tiger)
- The PRME skin was obtainable by getting the Halo 4 Limited Edition. It is also available in the Halo 4 Game of the Year Edition.
- The TIGR skin is unlocked by achieving Exterminator -Master commendation
Halo 5: Guardians
- Helmet Description: Decades of combat experience with Mjolnir suits informed the design and electronics hardware architecture of the RECRUIT helmet.
- Body Description: SPARTAN-IVs are required to use the RECRUIT-class armor until they demonstrate mastery over their many augmentations.
Available skins: Charred, Marked, and Proven
Charred Unlock: Common REQ card
- Cut Beta Charred Helmet Description: Though largely confined to War Games, custom patterns can be applied to RECRUIT armor before fitting.
- Cut Beta Charred Body Description: Personalized RECRUIT armor suits the needs of a diverse segment of Spartan combatants.
Marked Unlock: Uncommon REQ card
Proven Unlock: Rare REQ card
- In Halo 4, the Recruit right shoulder and forearms available to the player in multiplayer are different from those seen elsewhere in the game, such as on SPARTAN-IV NPCs in Campaign and on characters in the Spartan Ops cutscenes. Curiously, the SPARTAN-IVs in Halo 4's Campaign appear to be wearing what the game classifies as Ricochet forearms.
A render of a Spartan-IV in Recruit Armor from Halo Waypoint
Front and back views of the Recruit armor for Halo 4.
The Spartan-IVs behind John-117 can be seen wearing Recruit armor.
Gabriel Thorne donning his Recruit helmet
HUD of the Recruit armor in the Spartan Ops teaser trailer.
Edward Davis in Recruit armor in Halo: Initiation.
HUD of Gabriel Thorne's Recruit armor using VISR during Operation: ATHENA.
A Spartan-IV wearing a Recruit Charred helmet in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta.
Recruit in Halo 5: Guardians.
- ^ All SPARTAN-IV NPCs encountered in Halo 4 (both in the campaign and in Spartan Ops) wear Recruit armor with the aforementioned color scheme. Jared Miller of the ship's Spartan Command also wears Recruit armor with this color scheme in Spartan Ops' prerendered "talking head" vignettes.
List of appearances
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo: Initiation
- Halo: Escalation
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Mythos
- ^ a b c d e Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - Page 20, 164
- ^ a b c d e f Halo 4 - Armor description
- ^ a b Halo 5: Guardians - Armory description
- ^ Halo: Initiation - Issue 2
- ^ Halo 4 Limited Edition - Bonus content marketplace description
- ^ A Hero Falls