Magnum caliber pistol
13.7 inches (35 cm)
2.1 inches (5.3 cm)
10.2 inches (26 cm)
~250 RPM (M6H) ~150 RPM (M6H2)
The M6H Personal Defense Weapon System is a handgun in service with the UNSC. It is part of Misriah Armory's widespread M6 series. The M6H was in service as an officer's model as early as 2526 and was made the standard-issue sidearm of all UNSC personnel in 2555.
- 1 Specifications
- 2 Variant
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Videos
- 6 List of appearances
- 7 Sources
The M6H is a semi-automatic, recoil-operated, magazine-fed handgun. It is an up-sized model (17% larger than standard versions) with a smart-linked KFA-2 x2 scope and an electroless nickel finish. It fires the M6 series' standard 12.7×40mm ammunition. The M6H is effective at reasonably long distances as well as its preferred close-to-medium-range.
M6H2 Personal Defense Weapon
The M6H2 variant had entered service by at least 2557 and was issued to all branches of the UNSC. It has a serial number of "00MA0100062473" and sports a black polymer finish. Like the base M6H, the M6H2 is semi-automatic, recoil-operated and magazine-fed, but has an increased 12-round magazine capacity. The variant also boasts increased accuracy and is most effective with precision aiming. It features a smoother slide design and a Projection sight (in place of the venerable KFA-2 x2) to support smart scope functionality. In 2557, this weapon had a Ruptive skin approved by the UNSC Ordnance Commission.
- Whispered Truth: A cut-down M6H2 magnum without a smart scope system, under-barrel flashlight, or forward trigger guard. It also has a custom slide and can mount a suppressor. This variant sports a 18-round magazine. Unlike other pistols Whispered Truth fires in three-round bursts.
- Gunfighter Magnum: Lightweight competition pistol carried by Spartan operators who prefer a no-frills backup firearm. Quick draw Magnum with fast-reload magazines. Iron sights only, no Smart-Link module is attached.
- Tactical Magnum: Whisper-quiet tactical pistol loaded with armor-piercing rounds, tailored for Spartan force reconnaissance missions. Match grade Magnum with integral baffle-free suppressor and 2× full-VISR Smart-Link.
- Buck's Magnum: A Magnum with the Gunfighter body, Whispered Truth coloring, and an unspecified sight.
- Extended Magazine: Increases both ready and reserve ammunition capacity by 50%.
Changes from the M6G PDWS in Halo: Reach
- Less damage, requires 6 shots to kill rather than 5
- Higher accuracy/less bloom
Changes from M6H in Halo 4 to M6H2 in Halo 5: Guardians
- Increased damage, requiring 4 shots to deplete shields followed by 1 headshot or 3 body shots
- Drastically lowered rate of fire
- Less bloom/greater accuracy
- Increased magazine size to 12
- More reserve ammunition
- Can be smart scoped rather than utilizing smart-linked scope zoom
- Zoom decreased from 2× to 1.75× due to use of projection sight for smart scope.
- Faster swap rate
Halo: Spartan Assault and Halo: Spartan Strike
- Weapon carries a maximum of 40 rounds.
- Has a limited range of fire.
- Can kill Promethean Crawlers and Grunt Minors in a single shot.
Concept art of the M6H. Note that it closely resembles the M6G from Halo: Reach.
A Spartan-IV wielding an M6H.
The M6H being wielded in a Capture the Flag game on Exile.
A Spartan chambering a round in her M6H on Complex.
The M6H in Halo Online.
First-person view of the M6H on Riverworld.
An early version of an "R" type M6H in Halo Online.
Halo 4 skins
Halo 5: Guardians variants
Halo 5: Guardians skins
Halo Online variants
|See our gameplay information related to M6H magnum in its gameplay page|
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
List of appearances
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn (First appearance)
- Halo 4
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo: Initiation
- Halo: Escalation
- Halo: Nightfall
- Hunt the Truth
- Halo: Spartan Strike
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo: Tales from Slipspace
- Halo: Recruit (Non-canonical appearance)
- ^ a b c Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 64
- ^ Halo 4 Interactive Guide
- ^ a b Halo Waypoint: Magnum
- ^ a b c Halo 5: Guardians
- ^ a b c d Halo Waypoint - Cannon Fodder: Locke & Load
- ^ Halo: Nightfall, Quartermaster
- ^ a b Bungie.net - Halo 3: ODST Field Guide: M6C/SOCOM
- ^ Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- ^ 343 Sparkast 014
- ^ a b Halo 4 Official Site Ordnance + Armor
- ^ File:Andrew-bradbury-magnum-lo-c-01.jpg
- ^ Halo 5: Guardians - Ruptive skin description