From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Magnum caliber pistol
2.1 inches (5.3 cm)
10.2 inches (26 cm)
8-round detachable box magazine (M6H)
~250 RPM (M6H) ~150 RPM (M6H2)
250 meters (820 ft)
|“||UNSC's personal sidearm of choice due to its excellence at close-range to mid-range engagements.||”|
The M6H is a semi-automatic, recoil-operated, magazine-fed handgun. It is an up-sized model (17% larger than standard versions) with a smart-linked KFA-2 x2 scope and an electroless nickel finish. It fires the M6 series' standard 12.7×40mm ammunition. The M6H is effective at reasonably long distances as well as its preferred close-to-medium-range.
UNSC personnel at the Corbulo Academy of Military Science and Insurrectionists used the M6H circa 2526. The M6H was used extensively by the UNSC Infinity's ground forces during both of their campaigns at Requiem.
- M6H2 magnum - A modernized variant of the M6 that features an increased magazine size and a relatively affordable production cost.
- Main article: Magnum#Halo 4
Changes from the M6G PDWS in Halo: Reach
- Less damage, requires 6 shots to kill rather than 5.
- Higher overall accuracy, with less bloom, and less spread deviation upon first shot.
Changes from M6H in Halo 4 to M6H2 in Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
- Increased damage, requiring 4 shots to deplete shields followed by 1 headshot or 3 body shots.
- Higher accuracy, featuring less maximum bloom and a smaller reticle.
- Increased magazine size to 12 rounds.
- More reserve ammunition.
- Faster draw times, reloads, and pickup speeds.
- Features more recoil.
- Can be smart scoped rather than utilizing smart-linked scope zoom.
- Projection sight reticle differs from weapon's base reticle, being much smaller.
Changes from Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta to Halo 5: Guardians
- Drastically lowered rate of fire.
- Features no bloom, and full, 100% accuracy with every shot.
- Features no recoil.
- Projection sight reticle changed to be a closed in version of the weapon's base reticle.
- Zoom decreased from 2× to 1.75× due to use of projection sight for smart scope.
Halo: Spartan Assault and Halo: Spartan Strike
- Weapon carries a maximum of 40 rounds.
- Has a limited range of fire.
- Can kill Promethean Crawlers and Grunt Minors in a single shot.
- While not available in regular gameplay for the level Battle for the Moon, the player is prompted to use Sarah Palmer's magnum to perform an execution on Merg Vol after defeating him in combat, something that is absent from all gameplay elsewhere.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
Concept art of the M6H. Note that it closely resembles the M6G from Halo: Reach.
A Spartan-IV wielding an M6H.
A Spartan chambering a round in her M6H on Complex.
The M6H being wielded in a Capture the Flag game on Exile.
Halo 4 skins
The M6H in Halo Online.
First-person view of the M6H on Riverworld.
An early version of an "R" type M6H in Halo Online.
Halo Online variants
List of appearances
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn (First appearance)
- Halo 4
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo: Initiation
- Halo: Escalation
- Halo: Nightfall
- Hunt the Truth
- Halo: Spartan Strike
- Halo: Tales from Slipspace
- Halo: Recruit (Non-canonical appearance)
- Halo: Bad Blood
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual
- Halo: Shadows of Reach
- Halo: Divine Wind
- Halo: Outcasts
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 165
- Halo Waypoint, Cannon Fodder: Locke & Load (Retrieved on Nov 8, 2020) [archive]
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 64
- Halo Waypoint, Halo 4 Interactive Guide - Weapons: Magnum (Retrieved on May 1, 2013) [local archive] [external archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Magnum (Retrieved on Jun 1, 2020) [archive]
- Halo: Nightfall - Halo: Nightfall: Quartermaster
- Halo 4, Loadout customization - Primary Weapon - Magnum description: "UNSC's personal sidearm of choice due to its excellence at close-range to mid-range engagements."
- Bungie.net, Halo 3: ODST - Field Guide - M6C/SOCOM (Retrieved on Jun 1, 2020) [archive]
- Halo 4 Official Site, Ordnance + Armor (Retrieved on Jul 16, 2012) [archive]
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- Halo Official Site, 343 Sparkast 014 (Retrieved on Jul 16, 2012) [archive]
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual, page 186