Chi Ceti IV
|Chi Ceti IV|
Chi Ceti IV is a planet in the Chi Ceti system, orbited by two natural satellites. A distant red nebula is visible from the system. The planet has a top-secret installation on its surface, the Damascus Testing Facility in Vhalkem, where the Mark IV MJOLNIR armor and the MJOLNIR EOD variant were developed. The colony had a small civilian population.
Battle of Chi Ceti IV
- Main article: Battle of Chi Ceti
On November 27, 2525, the Covenant vessel Unrelenting arrived in the Chi Ceti system. The frigate UNSC Commonwealth drove off the former vessel, though both ships were heavily damaged. Commonwealth remained in orbit as the Spartan-IIs received their MJOLNIR armor.
Later that day, the Spartans were deployed from the frigate toward a hole that had been blasted into Unrelenting's hull in an attempt to destroy the vessel from within. Only three Spartans, John-117, Kelly-087, and Samuel-034, arrived at the enemy vessel, which they then boarded. Shortly thereafter, Samuel's armor was damaged, leaving him unable to return to the Commonwealth. He stayed behind and detonated an ANVIL-II missile, killing himself and destroying Unrelenting. When the planet was compromised by the Covenant, the Damascus Testing Facility and a nearby UNSC training center were abandoned.
Chi Ceti IV survived the war and continues to support the UNSC, developing several MJOLNIR GEN2 armor variants such as the Soldier variant at the Damascus Facility. One of the planet's moons, Muroto, is now used for mining purposes by the Office of Naval Intelligence.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo Wars (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Reach
- Halo: Fall of Reach
- Halo 4 (Mentioned only)
- Halo: The Fall of Reach - The Animated Series
- Halo Mythos (Mentioned only)
- ^ a b Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 220
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 103
- ^ The Halo Bulletin 7.10.13
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 113
- ^ a b Halo Encyclopedia, page 298
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 119
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 152
- ^ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 166