From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|The Commonwealth in the Chi Ceti system in 2525.|
|Unified Earth Government|
In 2525, the UNSC Commonwealth was used to transport the SPARTAN-IIs along with Catherine Halsey to the Damascus Testing Facility on the planet Chi Ceti IV. While transporting the crew to the installation, the ship came under attack by a Covenant Zanar-pattern light cruiser, Unrelenting. During the engagement, the Commonwealth was able to fight off the cruiser long enough to perform a flyby orbit of Chi Ceti IV to deploy its crew onto the planet, intending to then return to a point in space 20 million kilometres from the planet to make repairs and act as bait in the event that the cruiser returned. While the crew were on the ground, Commonwealth continued to engage the ship, sustaining heavy damage including the following:
- Communications and navigation dishes destroyed.
- Armor in sections 3-7 down to four centimeters from 60 cm.
- Hull breach in section three.
- Ship AI memory core overloaded.
- Leak in the port fuel tank.
- Fire in sections one through twenty. (Atmosphere vented, fire extinguished.)
- Port armor destroyed.
- Decks two through seven in section one melted away. Decks two through five in sections three, four and five out of contact.
- Deck thirteen destroyed.
- Hull structure came close to "buckling" (integrity about to fail) and the Magnetic Accelerator Cannon was taken offline.
- Reactor only able to output ten percent of rated output.
Ultimately, with the assistance of Blue Team and their new MJOLNIR Mark IV armor, the Commonwealth was able to destroy the light cruiser. The Commonwealth, however, was severely damaged in the engagement and shortly thereafter rendezvoused with the cruiser UNSC Persian Gate to transfer the Spartans and Dr. Halsey to the ship. Despite the damage incurred, the Commonwealth was able to return to Reach for repairs and then presumably returned to service against the Covenant's advances among the Outer Colonies.
Decommissioning and scrapping
Some time between the Chi Ceti incident and 2552, the Commonwealth was decommissioned by the UNSC and was landed at the Asźod ship breaking yards to be scrapped. When the Epsilon Eridani system came under attack in August of 2552, the Commonwealth became a battlefield venue between the ground forces of the UNSC and the Covenant during the Battle of Asźod. During the conflict, SPARTAN-B312 and Emile-A239 pushed through the ship's stripped wreckage in order to deliver a vital package to the UNSC Pillar of Autumn. At the time of the attack, the Commonwealth was well into being scrapped. Already, its entire port-side launch deck was removed, along with its port engines. Its bridge had been taken out, and holes were made on its underbelly to allow staircases to be fitted in for the technicians assigned to take it apart.
Several parts of the comic Halo: Fall of Reach - Covenant depict Commonwealth as a Stalwart-class light frigate and Charon-class light frigate instead of the canonical Paris-class established in Halo: Reach and Halo: The Fall of Reach - The Animated Series.
The UNSC Commonwealth at the SinoViet ship breaking facility in the Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta.
Concept art of the Commonwealth's barracks for Halo: The Fall of Reach - The Animated Series.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Reach
- Halo: Fall of Reach
- Halo: The Fall of Reach - The Animated Series
- Halo: Silent Storm (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Collateral Damage
- Halo: Reach, multiplayer map Boneyard
- Halo: The Fall of Reach, chapter 12
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 120
- Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 76
- Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 162
- Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 80
- Halo Waypoint, UNSC Frigate (Retrieved on May 13, 2021) [archive]
- Halo: First Strike, chapter 22
- Halo: Reach, campaign level Long Night of Solace
- Halo: Fleet Battles: Paris-class heavy frigate stats
- Halo: The Fall of Reach, chapter 13
- Halo: The Fall of Reach, chapter 14
- Halo: Collateral Damage, issue 1
- Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition), page 258
- Halo Encyclopedia (2011 edition), page 269
- Halo: Reach, campaign level The Pillar of Autumn