SinoViet Heavy Machinery
SinoViet created road vehicles for civilian use, one example of which is the SinoViet HM 1220 LTUV-M. SinoViet trucks were considered an ubiquitous sight on human worlds. The company also built and disassembled spacecraft, including UNSC warships such as Paris-class heavy frigates and the Autumn-class heavy cruisers.
They had facilities on a number of human worlds, including Earth and Reach. The company had office buildings in the Kenyan city of New Mombasa and their shipping containers and vehicles could be seen across the East African Protectorate, including the industrial town of Voi. On Reach, they had a large office building in the city of New Alexandria. SinoViet also had a ship disassembling facility in Aszod on Reach, which became the final resting place for the UNSC Commonwealth among many other ships. This facility also became a battlefield during the Fall of Reach.
The company had facilities in the following cities and locations:
- The name of the company comes from the words Sino and Viet, which are also names for China and Vietnam respectively, leading to the logical conclusion that the company is based in Southeast Asia. Also supporting this is the fact the top floor of the SinoViet Center on Reach has an Oriental theme.
- SinoViet boxes can be seen on The Storm level in Halo 3, and in its following level Floodgate. The SinoViet logo can also be found on the sides of a few cylindrical tanks also on the level Crow's Nest. A few SinoViet-owned buildings can also be seen in Halo 3: ODST.
- The layout of the top floor of the SinoViet Center in the Halo: Reach campaign level New Alexandria is modeled after the Halo 2 multiplayer map Ivory Tower, for use in the multiplayer map Reflection.
- In Halo: Reach, the SinoViet logo is different as seen on the SinoViet Building in New Alexandria and can be seen all around the Aszod ship breaking yards. The logo comprises of a green arrow head pointing downwards surrounded by a larger, white arrow head, also pointing downyards.
List of appearances
- Halo Graphic Novel (First appearance)
- Halo 3
- Halo 3: ODST
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo: Reach
- Halo: Nightfall
- ONI: Walk the Path (Mentioned only)
- ^ Halo Graphic Novel, Page 122
- ^ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "Palace Hotel", page 349
- ^ a b c d Halo: Reach, campaign level The Pillar of Autumn
- ^ a b c Halo: Reach, campaign level New Alexandria
- ^ Spartan Games - Halo: Fleet Battles Autumn-class Heavy Cruiser
- ^ a b Halo 3, campaign levels Crow's Nest, Tsavo Highway, and The Storm
- ^ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 181
- ^ ONI: Walk the Path