New Alexandria (location)
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
In the city center, a central MagLev train line connected some of the buildings, terminating at the Nomolos Tower. Closer to the city's cargo port, numerous container transport tracks crisscrossed in the space between the lower levels of the buildings. Three space elevators as part of the Delphi Triple-Strand Network were located on the ocean north-west of the city. Notably, the city was also the location of the UNSC's Fleet Command Headquarters and the ONI Olympic Tower. Two known areas of the city are Downtown New Alexandria (which housed the Sinoviet Center) and Lower New Alexandria (which was home to Caracalla Park).
- Main article: Siege of New Alexandria
The city became the target of a Covenant attack during the Fall of Reach in 2552, which resulted in the five-day Siege of New Alexandria. Although several civilian transports successfully evacuated the city thanks to the efforts of Noble Six, the city was ultimately glassed by the Covenant.
Government and society
Architecture and infrastructure
Unlike on Earth, where most cities have grown across the centuries and often feature a mix of architecture from different eras, New Alexandria and Reach's other cities were "planned communities"; the buildings and infrastructure were prefabricated units designed and built into a cohesive urban habitat from the start. The city's architecture and overall design reflected this; conventional streets were a rarity, and a large part of the city consisted of massive high rises of sleek design. Connecting the skyscrapers were lofty, garden concourses letting pedestrians have scenic travel paths.
New Alexandria is the setting for two campaign missions in Halo: Reach: Exodus and New Alexandria. Both of which depict the city at different times in different weather conditions. New Alexandria is also the setting for two multiplayer maps, Boardwalk and Reflection as well as the Firefight map Beachhead.
New Alexandria is possibly named after the ancient Egyptian city of Alexandria, founded by and named for Alexander the Great. It is also possible, its name may also refer to the US city of Alexandria, Virginia.
Early concept art of a cargo port within New Alexandria.
Early concept art of the city's glassing.
Early concept art of Ket-pattern battlecruisers firing upon New Alexandria.
Concept art of the city under siege during the Fall of Reach.
Noble Six's UH-144 Falcon over the damaged city during the Fall of Reach.
List of appearances
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: New Blood (Mentioned only)
- Hunt the Truth (Mentioned only)
- Halo 5: Guardians (Mentioned only)
- Limited Edition dossiers (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Ground Command
- Halo Mythos (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Fireteam Raven (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual
- Halo: Reach, campaign level New Alexandria
- Youtube.com: Halo: Reach Firefight 2.0 Gameplay
- Halo: Reach, multiplayer map Boardwalk: callout:"Ocean View"
- Halo: Reach Legendary Edition letter "Dear Cousin"
- Halo: Reach, campaign level Exodus
- Halo Waypoint, Halo: Reach maps - Beachhead: (defunct, archive here and Archive.org
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - That's So Raven
- Halo: Reach Legendary Edition Guide, page 460
- Isaac Hannaford blog: ih_monassas+jetpack+02
- YouTube: Halo Reach E3 Presentation (2of2) - Exclusive Access!