Noble Team memorial
Unlike on Earth, where most cities have grown across the centuries and often feature a mix of architecture from different eras, New Alexandria and Reach's other cities were "planned communities"; the buildings and infrastructure were prefabricated units designed and built into a cohesive urban habitat from the start. The city's architecture and overall design reflected this; conventional streets were a rarity, and a large part of the city consisted of massive high rises of sleek, modular design. Many of the buildings were lined with multiple levels of walkways, terraces and plazas and connected by sky bridges.
In the city center, a central MagLev train line connected some of the buildings, terminating at the Nomolos Tower. Closer to the city's cargo port, numerous container transport tracks crisscrossed in the space between the lower levels of the buildings. Three space elevators were located on the ocean some distance away from the city. Notably, the city was also the location of the UNSC's Fleet Command Headquarters and the ONI Olympic Tower. The city was governed by the New Alexandria City Council.
- Main article: Siege of New Alexandria
The city became the target of a Covenant attack during the Fall of Reach in 2552, which resulted in the five-day Siege of New Alexandria. Although several civilian transports successfully evacuated the city thanks to the efforts of Noble Six, the city was ultimately glassed by the Covenant.
- Caracalla Park
- New Alexandria Concourses
- New Alexandria Hospital
- New Alexandria Starport
- New Alexandria cargo port
- Fleet Command Headquarters
- Sinoviet Center
- Traxus Tower
- Vyrant Telecom Tower
- Skyway Cafe
- Nomolos Tower
- DNBM Financial Tower
- Jotun Headquarters
- Misriah Complex
- Hősök tere
New Alexandria is most likely named after the ancient Egyptian city of Alexandria, founded by and named for Alexander the Great. However, its name may also refer to the US city of Alexandria, Virginia, as Reach's New Alexandria was apparently known as "Manassas" (the name of another Virginia city) during the development of Halo: Reach. Manassas and New Alexandria were later confirmed to be separate cities.
Early concept art of the city's glassing.
Early concept art of CCS-class battlecruisers firing upon New Alexandria.
Concept art of the city under siege during the Fall of Reach.
Noble Six's UH-144 Falcon over the damaged city during the Fall of Reach.
Three space elevators near the city.
List of appearances
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: New Blood (Mentioned only)
- Hunt the Truth (Mentioned only)
- Halo 5: Guardians (Mentioned only)
- Limited Edition (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Ground Command
- Halo Mythos (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Fireteam Raven (Mentioned only)
- ^ a b c Halo: Reach, campaign level New Alexandria
- ^ Youtube.com: Halo: Reach Firefight 2.0 Gameplay
- ^ Halo: Reach Legendary Edition Guide, page 460
- ^ a b c Halo: Reach, campaign level Exodus
- ^ Halo: Reach Legendary Edition letter "Dear Cousin"
- ^ Isaac Hannaford blog: ih_monassas+jetpack+02
- ^ YouTube: Halo Reach E3 Presentation (2of2) - Exclusive Access!