Gamma Station, in orbit over Reach
Metal UNSC walkways
Recommended number of players:
|“||The final moments aboard Orbital Gamma Station, a human communications space station.||”|
Condemned is one of three maps in the Defiant Map Pack designed for Halo: Reach. The map is set on an intact section of Gamma Station, a severely damaged communications platform in orbit of the planet Reach toward the very end of the Covenant's assault on the planet. Outside in space, a UNSC frigate and a Covenant corvette are seen trading shots with each other, against the backdrop of a glassed Reach.
The following are locations on the map that are so named on the player's heads-up display during gameplay:
- Repair Bay
- Comm Hallway
- Observation Deck
- Tram Station
- Center Core
- This is one of two maps to feature locations previously described in the novel Halo: The Fall of Reach, the other being Highlands.
- Reach's moon Csodaszarvas can be seen in two places at once on this map: behind Reach in its traditional positioning and towards the back of the map above the nebula.
- The glassed Reach seems to share the same fiery effects of the Killball.
- When one watches the space battle outside the map, they will notice Banshees and Sabres fighting each other. Upon closer inspection, one will see that the Banshees are not Space Banshees, but regular atmospheric Banshees.
- Certain Affinity looked at Halo 2's multiplayer map Lockout for reference on this map's close combat environment.
- An original idea for Condemned was to be darkened and "creepy", though this idea was removed when the developers realized players could get lost easily in a dark and industrialized environment.
- There appears to be a third moon of Reach, which is strange as all official material states that there are only two. Csodaszarvas and Turul can be seen just above Reach, while this moon can be seen in the glass roof of Center Core.
- ^ Major Nelson: Announcing the Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack
- ^ Bungie.net: Defiant Map Pack
- ^ a b Halo Waypoint - Behind the Scenes: "Defiant Multiplayer Map Pack"