Joint Occupation Zone
"WE'VE GOT A NEW CONTACT, UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION!"This article has new content coming soon from Halo: Envoy, and may not be complete, confirmed or correct. Please update it as soon as any relevant and accurate material is available.
The Joint Occupation Zones, colloquially referred to as J-O Zones and collectively termed as the Joint Occupation Zone are regions of space cooperatively held by both the Unified Earth Government and the Swords of Sanghelios. Prior to or during 2555, Edward Buck participated in reconnaissance and strike operations in one such zone as part of Operation: KINETIC STORM. Between May 6 and June 1, 2557, Shadow of Intent participated in an operation with UNSC Navy elements against pirates in a Joint Occupation Zone. In early 2558, there was an increase of Jiralhanae raids on these territories due to the Jiralhanae's dwindling resources. Even between humans and Sangheili, inter-species coexistence in the zones was not always seamless. On the jointly settled colony of Carrow, tensions came to a head after the militantly anti-human Sangheili Thars rose to power among the planet's Sangheili populace, resulting in an outbreak of violence between Thars' followers and the planet's human militia.
List of appearances
- Halo: Escalation (First appearance)
- Halo: Hunters in the Dark
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Limited Edition (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Fractures
- Halo: Envoy
- ^ Halo: Escalation, Issue #11
- ^ Halo: Envoy, Description
- ^ Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition, Spartan Locke's Classified Orders
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Catalog Interaction - Page 14
- ^ Halo: Escalation, Issue #1
- ^ Halo: Fractures, "Oasis"