From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Map file name (?):
Snowy mountain cave, ONI research base
Recommended number of players:
|“||ONI officials believe the data buried within this artifact is key to our survival.||”|
Universe and lore
The map is set in an area similar to the outside of Dr. Halsey's lab from the level The Package, also known as Glacier. According to the 12/02/10 Bungie podcast, it is the Side B to the Side A that is the firefight map, Glacier. During Invasion, the game goes from the Front yard where the Research center is located, to the Back yard where the Vault is located. The Spartans will spawn in the Research Center and the Elites will spawn in the cliff area. When the Elites take over the two territories in the first phase, the Bridge will come down and the Tunnel will open to give access to the Back Yard. The Elites must then plant a bomb on the outside of the vault to gain access to the core. When the walls of the Vault are blown open, the Elites must take the core to the Phantom located near the Bridge. The map is also compatible with the Race gametype.
The following are locations on the map that are so named on the player's heads-up display during gameplay:
- Front Yard
- Research Center
- Upper Rock Tunnel
- Lower Rock Tunnel
- Rock Spine
- The Hub
- Back Yard
- Vehicle Bay
- This is the first Bungie-made Invasion map to feature an Assault phase.
- It was the first map to feature the Rocket 'Hog in Multiplayer Matchmaking.
- This map features a Covenant bomb instead of the regular UNSC one.
- In Invasion, the two territories in the first phase will change. Alpha features a series of red lights that will turn green as the timer goes down. Bravo features a vent that will rise up over time.
- On each of the "fins" of the Forerunner structure jutting from the mountain, one of the most common Forerunner symbols can be seen.
- If the Spartans beat the Elites in the first phase of a Breakpoint Invasion game, the announcer will say "Skunked!" like in the beta invasion.
- There is a certain way to glitch the Phantom at the landing pad area by flying up/jumping up and hitting it multiple times or using a Spartan Laser, it will begin with the basic hull becoming invisible then the entire interior.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|