Mulsanne-class light frigate
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
The Mulsanne-class bears some superficial design similarities to the Paris-class heavy frigate and Charon-class light frigate, as opposed to the more radical departure in design style found in the similarly-post-war frigate classes used by the UNSC (primarily the Strident and Anlace). The largest difference from other similar frigate classes involves the complete lack of a lower deployment bay or cargo storage area. Additionally, the ship is more concentrated around a central frame, with the ship's fusion drives situated relatively close to the ship's horizontal axis, rather than placed more afar like those of the Paris. The wings on either side of the frigate are more skeletal in nature, rather than the bulked overlapping armour of the older frigate classes.
The frigate's primary armament consists of a Brightlance compound reflex laser. When firing, the weapon must charge before emitting a short blue beam. Unlike traditional MACs, the weapon is not fired from a barrel and firing mechanism amid one of the frigate's hulls, but instead from between the dual hulls. The frigate boasts twenty M58 Archer missile pods as a secondary armament, and twelve M870 Rampart point defense guns for point-defence.
The Mulsanne-class was created by SinoViet Heavy Machinery, by naval architects Bernard Kristensen and Jacques Thomas, and launched in 2553. When launched, the frigate represented a new generation of UNSC starship design, integrating the most recent innovations in shipbuilding and weaponry such as directed energy weapons as the primary cannon instead of a more traditional Magnetic Accelerator Cannon.
Mulsanne frigates fill a similar role to the older Paris-class heavy frigate, optimized for swift offensive strikes and thus carrying a diverse weapons complement. As such, it is considered one of the most adaptable warships in the UNSC Navy.
These frigates were operational by the time of the Battle for Zeta Halo in late 2559, with at least six frigates participating in the Battle over Installation 07. The UNSC Mortal Reverie and at least one other ship of this class crashed on the ring during the conflict.
Ships of the line
- UNSC Mortal Reverie (FFG-525) - Shot down during Installation 07 conflict.
- UNSC Mulsanne - The lead ship of the class.
- UNSC Panama
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
A crashed frigate in the Halo Infinite Campaign Gameplay Premiere.
List of appearances
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 121
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Retaliation #04 - Reverie's End
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Retaliation #07 - Red Tide
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - Legendary Endings (Retrieved on Dec 14, 2021) [archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - Foundations (Retrieved on Jan 12, 2022) [archive]
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Reverie #01 - Home Away From Home
- Halo Infinite, multiplayer map Deadlock
- Halo Infinite, multiplayer map Highpower
- Halo Infinite Campaign Gameplay Premiere
- Halo Infinite, campaign level Outpost Tremonius
- Stephen Loftus on the Autumn class' talk page