From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
The corvettes are the smallest class of warship in the UNSC Navy, and do not carry any fighters. Fast-attack corvettes are known to have a modest hangar bay with room for only one SKT-13 shuttlecraft, basically a larger version of the Bumblebee used to ferry material and personnel to and from various locations or ships. Corvettes are also known as being one of the fastest ships in the UNSC Navy. Like most other Slipspace-capable UNSC ships, corvettes possess cryo bays. Corvettes are generally capable of maneuvering in a planetary atmosphere, and even executing a Class-L flash-dock.
Corvettes in use by the 2490s, such as the UNSC Callisto, were powered by a primary fusion reactor and a secondary fission reactor. They had at least fourteen decks and three cargo bays, as well as a hard docking collar for linking with stations or other vessels.
- Gladius-class heavy corvette – A corvette type that excelled in interdiction, patrol, and security.
- Lancer-class fast-attack corvette – A MAC-equipped corvette employed by the UNSC.
- Mako-class corvette – A small, decommissioned corvette classification.
- Scholte-class missile corvette – Formerly designated a frigate, the Scholte originated in the Insurrection as one of the foremost warships of its era.
- Sharpfin-class escort corvette – A corvette frequently used by commercial services as well as pirates.
Ships of the line
|Class||Fleet or last known tactical grouping||Ship Name||Hull classification symbol||Last known captain||Notes|
|Gladius-class corvette||UNSC Gladius||Lead ship|
|UNSC Sagan Blue||FS-803|
|Lancer-class fast-attack corvette||UNSC Lancer||Lead ship|
|Mako-class corvette||UNSC Pony Express|
|UNSC Mako||Lead ship|
|Scholte-class missile corvette||UNSC Scholte||Lead ship|
|Unknown fast-attack corvette||UNSC Two for Flinching|
|Unknown||UNSC Alpina||Destroyed over Netherop while attempting to rescue Amalea Petrov's marooned soldiers|
|UNSC Bum Rush|
|UNSC Callisto||The titular vessel in the Callisto Incident.|
|UNSC Coral Sea|
UNSC corvettes have been in use during both the Insurrection and the Human-Covenant War. The UNSC used corvettes in multiple engagements during the Human-Covenant War, including the Fall of Reach and the Battle of Earth.
During the development of Halo 3, a corvette known as UNSC Andraste was designed. The ship was removed during the game's development and her hull altered in several aspects, resulting in the Charon-class light frigate. The Paris class from Halo: Reach adopts Andraste's design more or less exactly.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: First Strike
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
- Halo: Contact Harvest
- Halo: Evolutions
- Halo: Glasslands
- Halo: Mortal Dictata
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 214
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, page 437
- Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 16
- Halo: First Strike, page 207
- Halo: Contact Harvest, pages 63-64
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 213
- Halo: Contact Harvest, Chapter 4, page 60
- Data Drop #6
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole", pages 444-445
- Halo: Warfleet, Defences, p. 19
- Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition), p. 259 (2011 edition)
- Halo Encyclopedia, page 259
- Halo Encyclopedia, page 263