|Chronological and affiliation|
The UNSC corvette is a warship classification in the UNSC Navy. Known sub-classes of the corvette include the Mako-class corvette, the fast-attack corvette and the Prowler stealth corvette.
The corvettes are the smallest class of warship in the UNSC Navy, and do not carry any fighters. Fast-attack corvettes are known to have a modest hangar bay with room for only one SKT-13 Shuttlecraft, basically a larger version of the Bumblebee escape pod used to ferry material and personnel to and from various locations or ships. Corvettes are also known as being one of the fastest ships in the UNSC Navy. Like most other Slipspace-capable UNSC ships, corvettes possess cryo-bays.
Corvettes in use by the 2490s, such as the UNSC Callisto, were powered by a primary fusion reactor and a secondary fission reactor. They had at least fourteen decks and three cargo bays, as well as a hard docking collar for linking with stations or other vessels.
UNSC corvettes have been in use during both the Insurrection and the Human-Covenant War. Several Mako-class corvettes were used by the Eridanus cell of the Insurrectionists as part of their improvised fleet. The UNSC used corvettes in multiple engagements during the Human-Covenant War, including the Fall of Reach and the Battle of Earth.
Ships of the line
- UNSC Fast-attack corvette
- UNSC heavy corvette
The following corvettes are also referred to as Prowlers:
- UNSC stealth corvette
- Eclipse-class prowler
- Razor-class prowler
- Unknown class
- Winter-class prowler
- UNSC heavy stealth corvette
During the development of Halo 3, a corvette known as UNSC Andraste was designed. The ship was removed during the game's development and her hull altered in several aspects, resulting in the Charon-class light frigate. The Paris class from Halo: Reach adopts Andraste's design more or less exactly.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: First Strike
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
- Halo: Contact Harvest
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo: Glasslands
- Halo: Mortal Dictata
- ^ a b Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 214
- ^ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, page 437
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 16
- ^ a b Halo: First Strike, page 207
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 85
- ^ a b Halo: Contact Harvest, page 60
- ^ a b Halo Encyclopedia, page 259
- ^ a b Halo Encyclopedia, page 263
- ^ Halo: Contact Harvest, pages 63-64
- ^ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 213
- ^ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole", pages 444-445