Netherop, identified by the Covenant as Neska, is a greenhouse planet located within the Polona sector's Ephyra system. Netherop was once home to a civilization of intelligent beings, but has been uninhabited for centuries.
Many centuries ago, Netherop was home to an intelligent civilization. This civilization ended, however, due to the great increases in temperature that resulted from greenhouse gases. In the twenty-sixth century, it was known to the Unified Earth Government before the Covenant finally visited the planet in very early 2526 and glassed part of it. On March 5 of that year, a single Covenant frigate, the Radiant Arrow, was holding position in orbit around the planet until it was boarded by three teams of Spartan-IIs, forcing the ship's self-destruction at the hands of its shipmaster.
Netherop appears to be covered in a pall of dingy brown clouds, many of which rapidly expand in various swirls. Netherop's atmosphere produces a thick corona and its mesosphere creates a pearl-colored haze.
List of appearances
- Halo: Silent Storm (First appearance)
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Halo: Silent Storm, Chapter 1
- ^ a b c Halo: Silent Storm, Chapter 2
- ^ a b c d e f g Troy Denning on Twitter #1 
- ^ Troy Denning on Twitter #2 
- ^ Halo: Silent Storm, Chapter 9
- ^ Halo: Silent Storm, Chapter 3