|Chronological and affiliation|
The Razor-class prowler is armed with a missile payload for attacking both ground and air targets, which can be made up of either Archer, Argent V, or M28 Shrieker missiles. To protect its troops when disembarking, it has four defensive turrets, which are divided between a pair of nose-mounted 50mm autocannons and belly-mounted 30mm turrets. In the event that the vessel is compromised, a one-megaton Fury tactical nuclear weapon is present within the prowler's engineering compartment. Although it is programmed to automatically detonate in the event of a catastrophic event, it will only do so if it detects no shipboard motion over the course of two hours; otherwise, it must be manually triggered.
Crew and Complement
The Razor-class prowler is able to carry a full ODST platoon of 40 men in its drop bay, complete with vacuum-rated armor and thruster packs. When increased to 42, it is estimated to take at least four seconds to clear the bay. This could potentially spread the platoon across a 30-kilometer area of space when deployed in a typical drop-and-go fashion. The bay also had recessed tie-down bars that could secure a M12 Warthog. A hangar bay is located above here, which can accommodate two D75-TC Pelicans.
The prowler could accommodate a crew of up to 22 personnel, with seven servicemen occupying the flight deck at the front of the prowler. This is composed of the prowler commander, pilot, copilot, sensor operator, communications officer, navigator, and weapons controller. Located in the middle of the prowler was the engineering section, which was divided between two decks.
The Razor-class prowler had a refractive coating on its hull to obscure it from enemy sensors. Although difficult to detect, human sensors have a 30% increased chance to detect the prowler when it is located roughly 100,000 kilometers away.
In 2526, a number of Razor-class prowlers were assigned to Task Force Yama, and participated in Operation: SILENT STORM. At least one unit, Ghost Flight commanded by lieutenant commander Hector Nyeto, was composed exclusively of these ships, and three of the prowlers defected to the United Rebel Front during the attack on Zhoist. Later, the UNSC Night Watch attempted to drop off Blue Team and a platoon of UNSC Marines during Operation: OBLIVION, although it was shot down and destroyed by its crew.
Ships of the line
- UNSC Black Widow - A prowler in Sierra Force.
- Ghost Flag - A smuggler ship and one of three vessels of the class stolen by Hector Nyeto from the UNSC Navy.
- UNSC Ghost Song - A prowler in Task Force Yama's Ghost Flight.
- UNSC Ghost Star - A prowler of Task Force Yama's Ghost Flight destroyed on Seoba.
- UNSC Ghost Wind - a prowler in Task Forca Yama's Ghost Flight.
- UNSC Night Watch - A prowler in Sierra Force. Shot down and self-destructed during Operation: OBLIVION.
- UNSC Razor - The lead ship of the class.
- UNSC Starry Night - A prowler under the command of Halima Ascot in 2526. Self-destructed by Blue Team after it was shot down on Seoba.
The UNSC Razor's Edge may be part of this class.
List of appearances
- Halo: Oblivion, Chapter 6
- Halo: Silent Storm, Chapter 8
- Halo: Silent Storm, Chapter 25
- Halo: Silent Storm, Chapter 16
- Halo: Silent Storm, Chapter 7
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 190
- Halo: Retribution, Chapter 1
- Halo: Silent Storm, Chapter 14
- Halo: Oblivion, Chapter 4
- Halo: Silent Storm, Chapter 24
- Halo: Silent Storm, Chapter 1
- Twitter: Troy Denning
- Halo: Silent Storm, Epiologue