Asźod was an arid, mountainous, barren and unpopulated territory in Ung, Alfold on the Eposz continent of Reach. The territory was home to several industrial facilities, including a ship-breaking facility, where the UNSC Pillar of Autumn was dry-docked on August 30, 2552 during the Fall of Reach.
Fall of Reach
- Main article: Fall of Reach
During the final stages of the battle, Asźod was the only off-planet extraction point left on the continent. It was the site of the Battle of Asźod, where Emile-A239 died and SPARTAN-B312 made a last stand after successfully delivering a fragment of Cortana to Pillar of Autumn. The Spartan-III stayed behind to defend Autumn from a massive Covenant air assault including by a Covenant CCS-class battlecruiser. He was killed in action elsewhere in the territory, having been overwhelmed by Covenant infantry.
Other than the ship-breaking yards, Asźod also appeared to be used for transport of natural resources, evident by large pipe-lines spreading across the landscape. A small set of warehouses in between two gas pipes was where many dead Spartans were found.
List of appearances
- Halo Waypoint: Halo: Reach - Maps (Original was Defunct, link to Copy)
- Halo Mythos, p. 89
- Halo: Reach, campaign level, The Pillar of Autumn
- Halo: Reach, multiplayer map, Boneyard
- Halo 5: Guardians, Forge Object, Billboard, Reach Escape
- Halo: Reach, campaign level, The Package
- Halo: Reach, campaign level, Lone Wolf