|There is more information available on this subject at China on the English Wikipedia.|
Yu the Great (Disputed)
c. 2100 BCE (Disputed)
China emerged as one Earth's earliest civilizations in the fertile basin of the Yellow River in the North China Plain. For millennia, its political system was based on hereditary monarchies known as dynasties. Since 221 BCE, when the Qin Dynasty first conquered several states to form a Chinese empire, the nation has expanded, fractured and reformed numerous times. The Republic of China (ROC) replaced the last dynasty in 1912, and ruled the Chinese mainland until 1949, when it was defeated by the Communist Party of China in the Chinese Civil War. The Communist Party established the People's Republic of China in Beijing on October 1, 1949, while the ROC government relocated to Taiwan. When humanity first began to colonize other worlds, China was one of the most enthusiastic and effective colonizing forces. Many of the vital resource colonies that would eventually supply the UNSC war effort were initiated by Chinese efforts.
China's capital is Beijing, a large city located in the northeastern part of the country.
Society and culture
China is an international superpower. The United Nations Space Command has long taken an interest in Asia for no better reason than its vast size. China has always held a great amount of sway in the UEG, and its position on the world stage did not change when the UNSC gained more power during the Human-Covenant War. China is overcrowded. SinoViet Heavy Machinery, an interstellar corporation that manufactures starships and terrestrial vehicles, is named for a union of Chinese (Sino) and Vietnamese (Viet) interests. The country's capital, Beijing, is known as a "big media-advertising town". Most people on Earth that work in media or advertising, especially journalists and photographers, live in either Beijing or New York City in the URNA.
- In 2004, Dana Awbrey fled to China after an artificial intelligence called the Operator thrown into the past via a Forerunner artifact expressed a desire to kill her.
- Lian Devereaux's mother was Chinese.
- As a child, Holly Tanaka sometimes wore a sky blue and white garment reminiscent of a cheongsam, or qipao, a style of dress from China.
- A flattened box of Chinese takeout can be found in the Halo 3 map, High Ground, set at Outpost C9 in Kenya. Similar boxes are also found on Foundry.
- Chinese characters can be found in Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach and Halo 5: Guardians. In the first three games they appear on select weapons and in the latter on the multiplayer map, Reflection.
- The UNSC All Under Heaven, a carrier in the UNSC Navy, was named for the ancient Chinese cultural and political concept known as tianxia.
The smashed box of Chinese food on High Ground.
七, which translates to "7", clearly visible on an officer's sidearm in the Halo Living Monument trailer.
List of appearances
- i love bees (First mentioned)
- Halo Graphic Novel
- Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa (Mentioned only)
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn (First appearance)
- Mortal Dictata (Mentioned only)
- Halo 2 Anniversary