From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
"WE'VE GOT A NEW CONTACT, UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION!"This article may contain information based upon upcoming, unreleased, or recently-released content from Halo Infinite, and may not be fully complete. Additionally, the information may be subject to change if it is based on pre-release material. Please update it as soon as any relevant and accurate material is available.
Map file name (?):
Recommended number of players:
|“||The tranquility of this Mombasa back alley is pierced by the sound of heavy gunfire.||”|
Universe and lore
Streets is set in the urban streets of New Mombasa, close to the base of the Mombasa Tether in the middle of reconstruction. It is set in an area which transitions from Old Mombasa to New Mombasa. It features several buildings around the map, including a joint entrance located on Kenya Street to both Hope Station and Makupa Station on the New Mombasa Transit Authority network and a New Mombasa Police Department precinct. Its proximity to Forerunner secrets has made it a hotspot for criminal activity, including nefarious acts from Insurrectionists, Covenant remnants, and Banished human mercenary groups.
The following are locations on the map that are so named on the player's heads-up display during gameplay:
- Subway Bend
- Subway Balcony
- Subway Nest
- Subway Stairs
- Arc Street
- Arc Street Bend
- Arc Street Hallway
- Oscar's House
- Plaza Stairs
- Commercial District
- Commercial Alley
- Main Street
- Main Street Alley
- Station Square
- Station Inside
- Station Balcony
- Station Tower 1
- Station Tower 2
- Old Town
- Old Town Stairs
- Old Town Alley
- Old Town Bar
- The map contains an open recycling bin in an alley that when marked, is revealed to be named Oscar's House - a reference to Sesame Street's Oscar the Grouch.
- In Arcade Game Zone, there is an arcade machine called Halo Infinite. It plays an 8-bit version of the Halo Theme.
- Also in Arcade Game Zone, there is an air hockey-like game displaying a score of 34 to 3, a clear reference to 343 Industries.
- At Ark Street Bend, in a blocked-off section of the map, there is graffiti saying "ODST we remember." This is a reference to Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, and likely also a reference to the in-universe "Remember Reach" saying, as well as the real world marketing campaign of the same name.
- At Subway Stairs, there is pixel art of a pigeon with the head of Evangelion Unit-02 from the anime Rebuild of Evangelion.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
Concept art of an New Mombasa Energy Company building.
Concept art of Kenya Vibe.
Concept art of the sign for Arcade Game Zone.
Players playing Oddball at the Main Street.
A view down the Main Street with the partially rebuilt Mombasa Tether looming above.
A game of Attrition on Streets.
- A poster in Plaza is copyrighted to 2560.
- Halo Infinite, Streets map description
- YouTube - IGN, Halo Infinite: ‘Streets’ Multiplayer Map Revealed - IGN First
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - Legendary Ending: "The rebuilding of New Mombasa and proximity to so many Forerunner secrets is enticing to many opportunists, including insurrectionist factions, renegade Covenant splinter groups, and even Banished-allied human mercenary groups." (Retrieved on Jan 16, 2021) [archive]
- GameSpot, Halo Infinite Has A Sesame Street Easter Egg (Retrieved on Nov 23, 2021) [archive]