Scarabs are quadrupedal mining plafroms that are part of a larger class of constructs known as Excavators. Out of nine tiers of Excavators they are classed tier-four on its scale. Scarabs are all fitted with a focus cannon for destroying targets or mining operations.
- Banished Scarab - A model heavily modified by the Banished armed with an unstable plasma beam that deals incredible ground-target damage and Thrasher missiles for air defense.
- Volitile Scarab - This variant of the Banished Scarab was created after Voridus learnt how to harness the power of the Installation 00's Infusion gel.
- Type-29 Scarab - The largest model with the most powerful focus cannon, known as the Super Scarab.
Two models of the Type-47, the default and most common, Scarab exist: the Deutoros and the Protos. Both models are extremely powerful, possessing potent armament and armor.
- Type-47A Scarab - A model of the Scarab specialized for artifact-retrieval. It was fitted with a focus cannon and two separate suspensor-mounted heavy plasma repeaters. 
- Type-47B Scarab - The most common Type-47 Scarab. It was fitted with a focus cannon and secondary heavy plasma cannon.
Unidentified Scarab encounters
Fall of Reach
During the Fall of Reach after discovering the Forerunner ruins under Menachite Mountain on Reach, the Covenant attempted to use several Scarabs to dig deep into the mountain's caverns. However, the walkers were destroyed by Type-26 Wraiths manned by Spartan-IIs.
Battle of Havana and the Onyx Conflict
During the Battle of Havana on Earth, Spartan-II Blue Team destroyed a Scarab. Another Scarab that had an onboard reactor was deployed during the Onyx Conflict by the Joyous Exultation Covenant.
Like all known Excavators, the Scarab is named after an insect rather than a supernatural entity like most Covenant vehicles. However, scarabs do have do have significant supernatural relevance in Egyptian mythology.
List of appearances
- ^ a b c d e f g Halo Waypoint: Universe, Vehicles, Scarab
- ^ Halo Wars 2, Phoenix Logs, Banished Units Scarab
- ^ Halo Wars 2, Phoenix Logs, Banished Units Volatile Scarab
- ^ Halo: First Strike, pages 142-143 (2011)
- ^ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, Chapter 23, pages 206-209
- ^ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, Chapter 33, page 306
- ^ Halo: Envoy, Chapter 5, page 60