From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|“||Recon reports from Spartans Jaide and Rosado have revealed peculiar Banished activity concerning the excavation of ancient and enigmatic artifacts.||”|
Halopedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level. Could you write one?
The Master Chief investigates a Forerunner signal coming from a Banished outpost called Annex Ridge. After discovering the Banished are using the base to transport Forerunner artifacts for further study, he proceeds to disable the facility in order to halt the Banished's research efforts on the Ring.
The Chief approaches Annex Ridge.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Incoming transport on schedule. Secure the landing pad."
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Data reconstruction incomplete. Escharum demands results!"
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Handle the artifacts with care - they are worthless if damaged!"
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Scheduled excavation in sector 6E is approved."
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Surveys for sectors 13, 14, 15! Prepare for deployment!"
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Fuel pressure dropping. Maintenance teams to primary fuel silo."
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Refueling commenced. Transport liftoff in one hour."
If an adjacent FOB has been recaptured:
- Weapon: "That's Annex Ridge - a research outpost. And judging by the strong Forerunner signals I'm picking up, a pretty successful one. What do you think they found up there?"
- John-117: "Let's find out."
If an adjacent FOB has not been recaptured yet:
- Weapon: "Chief, I'm detecting a strong signal emanating from that Banished base. It's Forerunner... looks like another Ring artifact."
- John-117: "In a Banished base. That's not good. Let's move."
If an adjacent FOB hasn't been recaptured and none of the Ring artifacts have been scanned yet:
- Weapon: "Chief, I'm detecting a strong signal emanating from a Banished base on the cliff above. Signature appears to be... Forerunner in origin."
- John-117: "That's not good. Let's go."
The Chief enters the base and engages the guards.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Annex Ridge is under attack! Security teams to central loading! Secure all artifacts! Defend the transport! KILL THE SPARTAN!"
The Chief fights his way deeper into the base and finds the artifact that the Weapon detected.
- Weapon: "As expected: it's another Ring totem. That's the source of the signal. Looks like the Banished are trying to transport it offsite... They must have plans for it. Possibly research."
If the none of the Ring artifacts have been scanned yet:
- Weapon: "Wow. Look at that. Some kind of monument, maybe? Whatever it is, it's definitely Forerunner. Looks like they're trying to transport it offsite... The Banished may be using it for research."
- John-117: "Can't let that happen. We need to take this operation offline."
- Weapon: "Agreed. We need a weakness to exploit - and for that, we need access to the outpost's systems. Get me to that control console."
The control console's location is marked on the Chief's HUD.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Reinforcements! Defend Annex Ridge!"
The Chief enters a tunnel leading to an underground section of the base. After fighting his way past the Banished troops inside, he finds a gravity lift and uses it to enter the base's command center. He eliminates the Banished personnel inside, then accesses the control console at a Holotank. There are also some imprisoned Marines on the upper level whom he can free.
- Weapon: "Got something: a high-capacity fuel silo's currently refueling their transport. If we destroy it, it'll take the transport along with it - and bring this operation to a halt. I've enabled a system-wide security lift. Find a way to raise the silo."
The Chief heads back outside.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "The Spartan's breached our systems - security throughout the Ridge is offline!"
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Backup inbound! Protect the transport!"
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Reinforcements incoming! Preserve the artifacts!"
A Banished Phantom drops off enemy reinforcements.
If the Chief spends too much time wandering around:
- Weapon: "I'm detecting an anomalous power signature from a console connected to the fuel silo - that might be what we're looking for."
The Chief enters another structure, where he locates the silo controls. He proceeds to raise the fuel silo.
- Weapon: "The silos are raised. Now for the fireworks."
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Fuel silo exposed! Attempting retraction- (growls) I'm locked out!"
The Chief heads outside and destroys the fuel silo. The subsequent chain reaction destroys the transport next to it.
- Weapon: "The station's powering down and that transport is toast. Escharum's research efforts on these artifacts just ground to a halt. For all he's learned about this Ring... total control is still out of his reach. We've got to keep it that way."
If House of Reckoning has been completed:
- Weapon: "The station's powering down and that transport is toast. Banished research efforts on these artifacts just ground to a halt. Nice work, Chief."
Mission is completed.
- Audio logs (4): Banished Outpost Intel 11 - Slow and Steady, Banished Outpost Intel 12 - Whispers from the Past, UNSC Outpost Intel 11 - A Hastily-Assembled Plan, UNSC Outpost Intel 12 - Hitching a Ride
- Spartan cores (1)