From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Halopedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level. Could you write one?
|“||Griffin's intel suggests that the Banished are looking for something at this excavation site. Investigate and disrupt.||”|
|“||Led by Griffin's intel, Chief and the Weapon locate an excavation site, where the Banished are using a colossal mining laser to cut their way into the Conservatory. The Master Chief fights through legions of Banished, and the dig site commander Bassus, to clear the tunnel to the mysterious Forerunner facility.||”|
Acting on Spartan Griffin's information, John-117 and the Weapon investigated Site Novem, a Banished excavation site. At the seemingly deserted dig site, they found that the Banished's mining laser had cut through Forerunner columns into a subterranean structure. Before they could enter, the mining laser activated, preventing the Spartan from entering the tunnel. After analysis by the Weapon, John-117 destroyed the mining laser's cooling pylons. When he returned to the mining laser's control room, he was met by the dig site security commander Bassus. The two fought, with the Spartan emerging victorious. John-117 shut down the laser, and prepared to enter the tunnel.
- John-117: "Then they'll be disappointed."
- Weapon: "Yes they will."
If the Chief stalls or does some other activity:
- Weapon: "Don't forget, we've got a solid lead to follow up at that dig site the Spartan mentioned."
The Chief heads north towards the dig site. He breaks through a Banished blockade guarding a recently established bridge.
- Pilot (COM): "Hey, where are you going?"
- Weapon: "The Banished are searching for something called the Conservatory."
- Pilot (COM): "Let me guess: You're heading there too."
- John-117: "Affirmative."
- Pilot (COM): "Well, don't worry about me. I'll be here. Waiting. Alone."
- John-117: "We'll be in touch."
- Pilot (COM): "Just... don't leave me out here for too long. Okay? I mean it."
The Chief approaches the dig site, which has been established at the base of a mountain ridge. The area around it is completely barren, the Banished having stripped the land of all natural resources.
- Weapon: "That Banished facility up ahead. Looks like a mining operation. That must be the dig site the Spartan was talking about."
- Weapon: (observing the desolate landscape) "What are the Banished doing here?"
- Pilot (COM): "They are doing exactly what they've been doing since they got here. Scavenging. Tearing everything apart to fuel the war."
- Weapon: "How could they? They are ruining this place and for what?"
- John-117: "To win."
- Pilot (COM): "That already happened."
The Chief enters the dig site and makes his way down the crater. Strangely, there are no Banished troops present.
- Weapon: "It's... kinda quiet, isn't it? There... that tunnel. The Banished must already be down below."
The Chief approaches the tunnel, which goes underneath the ridge itself. The Weapon's avatar appears in his hand.
- Weapon: (studying the tunnel) "This should be impossible. Forerunner alloy is almost indestructible. What do you think they-"
She turns around.
- Weapon: (alarmed) "Chief!"
Her avatar vanishes. The Chief turns around and looks up to see a massive mining laser mounted at the top of the facility powering itself up and being aimed in the direction of the tunnel. The Chief dodges out of the way as the mining laser shoots four powerful beams into the tunnel, effectively blocking the entrance to the Conservatory.
- Weapon: "I guess we need to deal with that mining laser."
Banished drop pods are deployed, releasing multiple Brutes.
- Weapon: "Oh, and these guys."
The Chief engages the Brutes.
- Weapon: "It looks like the laser's controlled up in the central structure."
- Pilot (COM): "Chief! The scanner just lit up! It was a trap. I knew it was a trap. What do I do?"
- John 117: "Hold position. I've got this."
More drops pods are deployed. A Banished Phantom arrives and delivers even more hostile reinforcements.
- Jiralhanae 1: "What's wrong, Spartan? Afraid of the tiny mining laser?"
- Jiralhanae 2: "The Reformation will not be stopped! It CAN'T be stopped!"
- Jiralhanae 3: "Summon Bassus! The prey has arrived!"
The Chief fights his way to one of the central structure's gravity lifts and rides it into the mining laser. Once inside, he engages the laser's crew.
- Unggoy: "He's tryin' to shut it off! Don't let him!"
The Chief eliminates the crew.
- Weapon: "Looks like the laser controls are by that window."
The Chief heads over to the terminal by an energy barrier at the front of the structure. He deploys the Weapon onto the terminal.
The Weapon stares at the laser beams blocking the tunnel.
- Weapon: "Just give me a sec..."
The terminal beeps but nothing else happens.
- Weapon: "Something's wrong. I can't shut it down."
- John-117: "Then we destroy it."
- Weapon: "Way ahead of you. There are two power regulators down there. All we need to do is manually expose each regulator's cooling pylon to trigger a cascade effect. And by we, I mean you. And by trigger, I mean shoot. Or blow up. You get the idea."
John uploads the Weapon back into his armor.
A ramp at the back of the central structure lowers itself, leading outside. The Chief heads down the ramp and starts searching for his new targets. Phantoms and drop pods arrive with more enemy reinforcements that he has to deal with.
- Weapon: "That switch should open up the regulator."
The Chief exposes the cooling pylons for one regulator.
- Weapon: "And there are the pylons. Take 'em out."
The Chief destroys both cooling pylons. The regulator explodes.
- Weapon: "That should do it."
- John-117: "One down. One to go."
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Failure detected in cooling system. Deploy forces to protect the dig site. The Conservatory entrance must be protected!"
The Chief exposes and destroys the cooling pylons for the other regulator, causing it to blow up as well.
- John-117: "And that's two."
- Weapon: "Now let's head back up and deal with the laser."
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "The cooling system has failed! The dig site is compromised! Do not allow them access to the Conservatory! Bassus, you have your orders!"
The Chief goes back inside the central structure and heads to the controls again.
Master Chief's POV: The Chief starts to deploy the Weapon when something grabs him by the neck and lifts him off his feet. John finds himself face-to-face with an aged but fearsome-looking Jiralhanae Chieftain. The Brute chuckles menacingly and roars in his face, before flinging the Chief across the room. The Chief lands on his back. He sees the Chieftain approaching, gravity hammer in hand.
- Bassus: "Spartans not so tough, I think. Break open easy."
The Chief uses his Grappleshot to pull a container towards him.
- Bassus: "Soft inside!"
Bassus raises his hammer.
- Weapon: (urgent) "Chief?"
- John-117: "I see him."
The Chief uses the Grappleshot to swing the container around and strike Bassus on the side of the head, knocking the Brute off balance and causing his hammer to miss. The shockwave from the gravity hammer pushes John away from Bassus. The Chief gets back on his feet and faces the Chieftain.
- Bassus: (bellowing) "SPARTAAAAAAAAAN!"
The central structure goes into lockdown.
Even by a Brute's standards, Bassus is incredibly strong and durable. It takes a lot of ammunition, but the Chief finally brings the Chieftain down.
- Weapon: "Didn't think we were gonna make it back there. Let's deal with the laser."
If the Chief manages to kill Bassus quickly:
- Weapon: "I'm impressed. I can't believe how easy you made that look. Now let's deal with that laser."
The Chief returns to the control terminal and deploys the Weapon.
- Weapon: "You've done your part. Now for mine."
She cracks her knuckles.
- Weapon: "Watch this."
She starts hacking the terminal.
- John-117: (when nothing seems to happen) "Is there a problem?"
- Weapon: (grins) "Of course not."
She snaps her fingers and the mining laser explodes.
- Weapon: "Let's see what's down there."
The Chief retrieves the Weapon.
The central structure's lockdown is lifted.
- Weapon: "That laser was modified very recently to cut into the Ring."
- John-117: "Modified? By who?"
- Weapon: "Definitely not by Bassus back there. The formula is very sophisticated. Whoever made the change, they didn't just modify the Forerunner architecture. They improved it. Oh, and there are a lot of Banished in the Conservatory. They've been down there for days. We are walking into another trap."
- John-117: "And you left that 'til last?"
- Weapon: (teasingly) "Are you scared?"
- John-117: "No. You?"
- Weapon: "Of course not. I've got you to keep me alive. Oh, and sixty-three millimeters of titanium alloy wrapped around our neural interface. I'll be fine."
- John-117: "Good to know."
The Master Chief leaves the facility and enters the tunnel.
The following achievements can be unlocked on Excavation Site across the all editions of Halo Infinite.
|Unearthed||Shut down the Banished mining laser and gained access to the Conservatory.|
- Audio logs (2): Escharum's Testimony 04 - Demon, Prisoner 03 - She Was Smiling
- Mjolnir armory lockers (1): Banished Nameplate (armor)
- Spartan cores (2)
- This section needs expansion. You can help Halopedia by .
- The flame-bore may appear to prematurely shut itself off during the run up to the boss fight with Bassus. However, the tunnel will still have the orange laser glow and will remain inaccessible until the player has defeated Bassus and destroyed the laser. The laser beams will reappear once the fight with Bassus starts.