From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
The stronghold was a pre-built structure that was dropped from a Banished vessel in orbit onto the surface of a planet, Halo installation, or other celestial body. Upon impacting the ground, massive spikes on the underside of the structure burrow deep into the terrain and act as a sturdy foundation.
The Tower has a main entrance and a side entrance. The Tower itself was composed of three floors of prisons, accessible via a gravity lift at the base of the structure. The top floor contains a large chamber with two torture devices. There is a security building at the base of the Tower, which can put the facility into lockdown. There is a landing pad at cliffside of the base.
After the UNSC's defeat at Installation 07 circa December 13, 2559, the Banished forces led by War Chief Escharum occupied the installation. The Tower was one of the many Banished outposts deployed across the ring to maintain control. Escharum ordered his troops to hunt down and capture UNSC survivors. The prisoners of war were processed at Redoubt of Sundering, then taken to the Tower for torture and interrogation by its warden Chak 'Lok. Survivors were then brought to the House of Reckoning. Spartan-IV Hudson Griffin was brought to the Tower following his captured by the Banished after a failed assassination on Escharum. Combat Medic Lucas Browning was also taken to the Tower after the Banished forced him to release the Xalanyn known as "The Harbinger" from her cylix.
By May 28, 2560, Spartan Griffin was the only prisoner within the Tower, with only a handful of marines being held at the base of the Tower. Having learned of John-117's survival, Escharum ordered Chak 'Lok to lure the Spartan to the Tower using Griffin's distress signal. John-117 stormed the Tower, fought through the Banished troops defending the outpost, and reached the top floor, where he killed Chak 'Lok. Despite being freed from his torture device, Griffin succumbed to his wounds, but told John-117 of the Banished's search for a Forerunner facility known as the Conservatory. The facility was put out of use following Chak 'Lok's death.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
List of appearances
- Halo Waypoint, Inside Infinite - February 2021 (Retrieved on Jun 17, 2021) [archive]
- Halo Infinite, campaign level The Tower
- YouTube - HALO, #Ask343 | Halo Infinite – Zeta Halo (Retrieved on Jun 17, 2021)
- Halo Infinite, Banished Audio log: Outpost Intel #07 - That Which Remain
- Halo Infinite, campaign mission Connections: Redoubt of Sundering: "This must be where they processed prisoners before sending them to the Tower." - The Weapon
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Retaliation #03 - Confrontation
- Halo Infinite, UNSC Audio log: The Prisoner #04 - Easy to Break
- Halo Infinite, campaign level Recovery: "Master Chief and the Weapon chase the signal to the Tower, a well-defended fortress where the Banished have processed and interrogated scores of human prisoners — which now houses only one."
- Halo Infinite, campaign level Warship Gbraakon
- Halo Infinite, campaign level The Tower: "This well-fortified stronghold was once a central processing and interrogation site for UNSC prisoners captured by the Banished throughout the Ring. But since the fall of its warden Chak 'Lok, this hulking structure now lay silent."