From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Cause of death:
208 centimeters (6 ft 10 in)
120 kilograms (260 lb)
|Political and military information|
Fireteam Taurus were deployed onto Reach in October 2559, during Operation: WOLFE. Alongside Fireteam Intrepid, they were to aid Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer in securing the Viery Militia's nuclear weapons during the Battle of New Mohács—to ensure the weapons could not be used during the fighting and attract unwanted Created attention.
- Main article: Battle for Zeta Halo
On December 12, 2559, Fireteam Taurus was onboard the UNSC Infinity when it was ambushed by Banished forces upon arrival at Installation 07. Griffin and the rest of Fireteam Taurus were pinned down by Banished boarders when Master Chief Petty Officer John-117, while escorting Captain Thomas Lasky off the ship, arrived to help. Griffin then assisted in escorting Captain Lasky to his lifeboat. Fireteam Taurus evacuated on Victor 321, and, under the leadership of Griffin, changed the ship’s landing zone to destroy Banished anti-air artilleries firing at UNSC crafts. With sniper support from Spartan Nina Kovan, Taurus disabled two Banished artilleries, and witnessed an explosion on the ring, causing a fracture on its surface.
By December 18, Fireteam Taurus has rendezvoused with other UNSC forces at the wreckage of UNSC Mortal Reverie, which had been found by Spartan Vedrana Makovich and designated as a UNSC base of operations. Griffin took on an operational leadership role among the UNSC forces gathered at the crash site, from which the survivors conducted guerilla warfare against the Banished. On January 20, 2560, Kovan conducted a recon sweep deep inside Banished-occupied territory. She observed that Banished forces were only unified under Escharum, with internal competition among its members. She reported her findings to Griffin, and suggested that an attempt on Banished War Chief Escharum's life may fragment the Banished leadership. Griffin decided their best course of action was to assassinate the War Chief. He decided to send a four-Spartan team to assassinate Escharum, as the other Spartans would be needed to defend the Reverie. The Spartans drew straws, as there were more than four volunteers. In the end, on January 23, 2560, Spartan Griffin led Spartans Panago, Malik, and Sarkar in an assassination mission on the Escharum. Griffin left Bertold Vettel in charge of the UNSC forces at Reverie.
However, Escharum anticipated Griffin's actions. His forces ambushed the Spartan team, killing the other three and leaving Griffin badly wounded. Escharum taunted Griffin, letting him know that he'd sent most of his forces to assault the Reverie. Before being captured, Griffin managed to send an encrypted message to warn Reverie before Escharum handed him over to Chak 'Lok for torture. He was forcibly stripped of his armor and placed in a device that put him in constant pain. Thanks to his warning, the UNSC forces at the Reverie were able to prepare for the assault, but the battle ended with the UNSC retreating from the Reverie. Without a base, the survivors were scattered and most were hunted down over the next few months. During this time, Griffin periodically spoke with another prisoner, Lucas Browning, who occupied a cell next to his, though the two never actually saw each other, and Griffin kept his identity a secret from Browning. Griffin would remain as Chak 'Lok's prisoner for four months until John-117 stormed the Tower, killed Chak 'Lok, and freed Griffin. Griffin died of his injuries in the Master Chief's arms after warning him that the Banished were after the Conservatory.
During Operation: WOLFE and the Battle for Zeta Halo, Spartan Griffin wore the Mjolnir GEN3 Mark VII armor, employing the UA/Agathius shoulder pads and Walle gloves. He carried a Threat Sensor, which was recovered by John-117.
- Hudson Griffin was portrayed by Canadian actor Andrew Kishino. His physical performance was done on motion capture by actor Verlon Roberts.
- Griffin's Mark VII armor coating, Midnight Griffin, is available in Halo Infinite multiplayer. The coating can be unlocked by accessing the Mjolnir Armory locker under the Tower.
Concept art of an injured Hudson Griffin in Halo Infinite.
Griffin as he appears in the Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition).
List of appearances
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 102
- Halo Infinite Campaign Gameplay Premiere
- Halo Infinite, campaign level The Tower
- Halo: Shadows of Reach, chapter 16
- Halo Infinite, UNSC Audio log: Infinity's Approach #08 - Losing Ground
- Halo Infinite, UNSC Audio log: Infinity's Approach #09 - Taurus
- Halo Infinite, UNSC Audio log: Infinity's Approach #12 - Abandon Ship
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Ringfall #05 - Priority One
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Evacuation #03 - Touchdown
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Evacuation #05 - Overwatch
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Ringfall #05 - Run and Guns
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Reverie #01 - Home Away From Home
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, chapter 13
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Reverie #06 - Weakness
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Retaliation #02 - Those Left Behind
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Retaliation #03 - Confrontation
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Retaliation #06 - Drawing the Line
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Retaliation #08 - The Retreat
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Scattered #01 - Rubicon Protocol
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, chapter 20
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, chapter 27
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - Of Protocols and Prisons (Retrieved on Mar 7, 2022) [archive]
- Halo Infinite, credits
- YouTube - Fadam And Friends Podcast, Episode 54 - "Service to Cinema" W/Verlon Roberts - Full Episode