From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
"WE'VE GOT A NEW CONTACT, UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION!"This article may contain information based upon upcoming, unreleased, or recently-released content from Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, and may not be fully complete. Additionally, the information may be subject to change if it is based on pre-release material. Please update it as soon as any relevant and accurate material is available.
|Political and military information|
Battle for Zeta Halo
- Main article: Battle for Zeta Halo
On December 12, 2559, Browning was aboard the UNSC Infinity when it was ambushed by Banished forces upon its arrival at Installation 07. As the Infinity fell to the Banished assault, Browning was evacuated onboard the lifeboat Papa Tango Delta Zero Nine. Both lifeboats managed to fly through a destroyed Banished dreadnought, though only Echo India Bravo Zero Eight came out unscathed. Papa Tango Delta Zero Nine was hit, losing its back section, and spun out of control.
Browning's lifeboat crash-landed on the surface of the ring, and was lodged inside a crevice, leaving its occupant trapped. The crew took turns transmitting a distress call, which was answered by Spartan-IV Tomas Horvath of Fireteam Intrepid. However, after the explosion on the ring and its sudden slipspace jump, they lost contact with Horvath. The event, which fractured the ring, also buried the lifeboat deeper into the crevice, until Spartan Bonita Stone arrived and tore open the lifeboat’s hull to pull out each survivor, including Browning.
- This section needs expansion. You can help Halopedia by .
Later on in the conflict, Browning was captured by the Banished as a prisoner of war. At some point following the fall of the UNSC stronghold at the Reverie on February 2, 2560, the Banished unearthed a Forerunner cylix underneath the wreckage, which had been converted into a Banished outpost. Under the supervision of War Chief Escharum, Browning was forced by Banished soldiers to interface with the cylix, releasing the Xalanyn known as "The Harbinger" from stasis. Browning was then taken to Chak 'Lok's Tower for interrogation, and following his time at the Tower, he was taken to the Harbinger. The Harbinger spoke to Browning, leaving him in a hysterical state.
Personality and traits
Having grown up in a household of nurses and caregivers, Lucas Browning learned that a little attention and comfort could ease the suffering around him—this belief inspired him to become a medic. During the Battle for Zeta Halo, Browning experienced imposter syndrome and had feelings of self-doubt due to his young age and inexperience.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, chapter 4
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, chapter 8
- Halo Infinite, UNSC Audio log: The Prisoner #01 - Not My Fault
- Halo Infinite, UNSC Audio log: The Prisoner #07 - 42410-02214-LB
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, chapter 1
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, chapter 5
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Retaliation #08 - The Retreat
- Halo Infinite, Banished Audio log: Outpost Intel #15 - In Your Honor
- Halo Infinite, UNSC Audio log: The Prisoner #02 - What was Inside
- Halo Infinite, UNSC Audio log: The Prisoner #03 - She was Smiling
- Halo Infinite, UNSC Audio log: The Prisoner #04 - Easy to Break
- Halo Infinite, UNSC Audio log: The Prisoner #05 - Barely Anything Left
- Halo Infinite, UNSC Audio log: The Prisoner #06 - Price Paid