From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
"WE'VE GOT A NEW CONTACT, UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION!"This article may contain information based upon upcoming, unreleased, or recently-released content from Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, and may not be fully complete. Additionally, the information may be subject to change if it is based on pre-release material. Please update it as soon as any relevant and accurate material is available.
Cause of death:
208 centimetres (6 ft 10 in)
110 kilograms (243 lbs)
|Political and military information|
Early life and UNSC service
Bonita Stone was born on the human Outer Colony of Komoya on December 25, 2535. She would eventually enlist in the UNSC, serving with distinction on the stealth cruiser UNSC Relentless Watch. Here, Stone coordinated the efforts of several reconnaissance strike teams deployed to key areas of interest and unrest following the Human-Covenant War. This experience led directly to her assignment to Fireteam Shadow after her induction into the SPARTAN-IV program. After joining the program, Stone and fellow Spartan-IV Nina Kovan ran trials and tested HIVEMIND-class Mjolnir at ANVIL Station. During an operation on Talitsa, she monitored the activities of a Sangheili Zealot for six days.
- Main article: Requiem Campaign
In February 2558, Stone and the rest of Fireteam Shadow assisted Fireteam Crimson in protecting the science team at "The Refuge". While Crimson defended the facility from the Covenant ground forces, Fireteam Shadow infiltrated Panom’s Canticle, the Covenant Zanar-pattern light cruiser that was deploying the Covenant forces. In spite of heavy resistance, the team overloaded the ship's power core, destroying the cruiser and halted the Covenant's attack.
- Main article: Battle for Zeta Halo
On December 12, 2559, Spartan Bonita Stone was onboard UNSC Infinity when it was ambushed by Banished forces upon arrival at Installation 07. As the Infinity fell to the Banished assault, Captain Thomas Lasky was evacuated from the ship, and Spartan Hudson Griffin ordered all Spartans to evacuate. Spartans Bonita Stone and Nina Kovan were ordered to evacuate while the other two members of Fireteam Shadow remained with Fireteam Taurus to repel Banished boarders from a hangar bay.
Stone and five marines evacuated from the ship on a lifeboat, Echo India Bravo Zero Eight, and landed on an unoccupied area of the ring. The next day, as Stone and her marines conducted a recon sweep of the area, an explosion on the ring caused a fracture on its surface. Stone ordered the marines to take cover in the lifeboat, but the ground beneath the lifeboat begun to crumble. Using her armor's thrusters, Stone pulled the lifeboat out of the breach, saving the lives of the marines.
On December 18, Stone reported to Spartan Griffin, the de facto leader at the crash site. By December 19, Kovan and Stone, seemingly the only survivors of Fireteam Shadow, have regrouped, along with five marines. The group rendezvoused with other UNSC forces at the wreckage of UNSC Mortal Reverie, which had been found by Spartan Vedrana Makovich and designated as a UNSC base of operations.
On January 23, 2560, Spartan Griffin led Spartans Panago, Henri Malik, and Sarkar in an assassination mission on the Banished War Chief Escharum. However, the assassination on Escharum failed. Griffin sent an encrypted message to the Reverie on January 31 before he was captured and handed over to Chak 'Lok for torture. In his message, Griffin warned the Reverie of an impending Banished assault. Under the combined leadership of Bertold Vettel and counsel of Makovich, the UNSC forces at the Reverie braced for the Banished's attack. Stone conducted a reconnaissance mission with Boulder Squad, having found a massive Banished force led by Chieftain Tremonius at Riven Gate in Sector 63. Despite the UNSC defenses, the Banished assault forced the UNSC forces to retreat from the Reverie on February 2. The UNSC forces scattered into the valley, though Stone maintained communications with Makovich and Vettel, who continued to run guerilla ops against the Banished in order to keep the ring out of their control, as per the Rubicon Protocol.
On April 23, Stone retuned to the Reverie's crash site, now converted into a Banished outpost named Outpost Tremonius. She observed the Banished unearth artifacts she has never seen before, and reported to Makovich and Sorel that the Banished were moving focus to an excavation site south of the Reverie. By April 26, Stone had infiltrated the underground Forerunner structures near Outpost Tremonius, having seen the artifacts up close and determined them to be stasis pods. She made one final transmission to Makovich and Sorel, reporting her findings, but stopped short when she realized that she was not alone.
Shortly after, Stone discovered the Banished using a human prisoner to get a data node with information on the ring's defensive systems and location. Stone attacked the Banished and Skimmer forces, including Blademaster Jega 'Rdomnai and the Bloodstar Gorian. After she fought off multiple Banished, Stone battled 'Rdomnai directly, hampered by his active camouflage, shields and the damage that her armor had taken over the past several months. However, Stone managed to steal the data node and had Ouco copy the data and then corrupt the node. Ocuo was successful before Gorian slammed into Stone with a Riuctda Workshop Ghost and dragged her back towards the lift before Stone managed to break free and jerk the Bloodstar from the Ghost. Fighting through more Banished forces, including Hectarius, Stone attempted to reach the surface, but she was ambushed and killed by 'Rdomnai. As Stone's last act, she removed the corrupted data node which was taken by Gorian and 'Rdomnai to Escharum, unaware of Stone's sabotage. Stone died pleased that she had succeeded in throwing a wrench into Escharum's grand scheme. The next day, the boat crew found Stone's body and a grieving Kovan retrieved Stone's data chip from her VISR which proved to contain the data that she had stolen from the Banished. Submonitor 091 Adjutant Veridity revealed that Stone had stolen from the Banished information on the ring's defensive systems and its current coordinates, giving the team the chance to broadcast a message to the UNSC for reinforcements. However, with Banished forces closing in, the boat crew were reluctantly forced to leave Stone's body behind. Her body remained underground for nearly a month, and was found on May 28 by Master Chief Petty Officer John-117, who collected her enhanced energy shielding module.
During the Battle for Installation 07, she wore the Mjolnir GEN3 Mark VII armor, employing the Trailblazer helmet, the UA/Agathius shoulder pads, and UA/Type SA knee pads. She carried an enhanced energy shielding module, which was inherited by John-117.
- Bonita Stone was portrayed by voice actress Krizia Bajos.
- Stone's Mark VII armor coating, Obelisk Stone, is available in Halo Infinite multiplayer. The coating can be unlocked by accessing the Mjolnir Armory locker at Outpost Tremonius, near the landing pad.
Bonita Stone in her GEN2 armor, during Operation: VERTICAL UMBRAGE.
List of appearances
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 102
- Halo Infinite, campaign level Foundation
- Halo Infinite, UNSC Audio log: Outpost Intel #01 - Making Ends Meet
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder: Rubicon Rundown (Retrieved on Aug 3, 2022) [archive]
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, chapter 1
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, chapter 14
- Halo 4 - Spartan Ops, episode Memento Mori
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Evacuation #01 - Infinity Down
- Twitter, Alex Wakeford (@haruspis): "Shoutout to @HaloGuyYoutube, who found Spartan Stone's escape pod on Zeta Halo based on the description given in the Rubicon Protocol's opening chapter preview! We worked super hard to ensure the geographical/positioning details lined up with the game." (Retrieved on Jul 13, 2022) [archive]
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Ringfall #02 - The Calm Before
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Ringfall #08 - Breach Maneuver
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Reverie #02 - Debrief
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, chapter 8
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Reverie #01 - Home Away From Home
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Retaliation #02 - Those Left Behind
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Retaliation #05 - Encroachment
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Retaliation #06 - Drawing the Line
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Retaliation #07 - Red Tide
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Retaliation #08 - The Retreat
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Scattered #01 - Rubicon Protocol
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Scattered #02 - What Lies Beneath
- Halo Infinite, Spartan Audio log: Scattered #05 - Uncharted
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, chapter 28
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol, chapter 30
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - Fourward Unto Dawn (Retrieved on Nov 10, 2022) [archive]
- Halo Infinite, credits
- Halo Waypoint, Canon fodder: Foundations (Retrieved on Jan 12, 2022) [archive]