Mountain top, snowy
|“||As a prerequisite of the Conservation Measure, research platforms were restricted to the remote fringes for safety.||”|
Lockdown is a multiplayer map in Halo 2: Anniversary. It is a remake of Lockout from Halo 2, with some minor changes. Lockout is one of the seven Halo 2 multiplayer maps that have been completely re-imagined in Halo 2: Anniversary.
Changes from Lockout
- The landing in the middle junction of the "Elbow", the long walkway connecting the gravity lift to the sniper tower, is now referred to as the "Observation Platform". The junction is wider and has an extra piece of cover to protect from fire from the sniper tower. The extra cover can be disabled in Forge.
- As a new dynamic feature, three ice stalactites have been added to the ceiling of the map over three key locations: the "sniper tower", the glass skylight in the center plaza, and the "battle rifle tower". These stalactites can be shot and dropped on the map in order to combat entrenched enemies. Like most of the major additions in the new maps, this feature can be disabled via Forge.
- The glass skylight located in the center of the map is now breakable. In its default form, the glass can take significant damage before breaking (although the stalactite positioned overhead will break the glass instantly), and will eventually return to its unbroken state. The glass' properties can also be edited in Forge, allowing players to make it unbreakable if they choose.
- In the area called the "Archive", a small entrance allows the player to drop down onto the Observation Platform below. Players on the Observation Platform can also toss grenades into the entrance to kill or damage players in the Archive.
- The skybox was changed from the blue, snowy mist to a pinkish sunset with a snowy, mountainous landscape. This is due to the fact that members of the blue team had the ability to blend into the skybox on Lockout.
- Flood infected species can be found in green cells in the Shotgun spawn Hallway.
- Unlike Lockout, Lockdown doesn’t seem to take place on Delta Halo due to the absence of a ring in the sky.
- ^ YouTube: IGN Live Presents Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- ^ a b c GameSpot: Check Out Halo 2: Anniversary's Remastered Map: Lockout
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- ^ NeoGaf: Frank O'Connor on Anniversary maps
- ^ a b Twitter: Halo
- ^ a b c YouTube: Halo and the Journey of the Master Chief- PAX Prime 2014
- ^ a b IGN.com: Get to Know Halo: The Master Chief Collection's 'Lockout' Remake, 'Lockdown' – IGN First