From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Map file name (?):
Plateau, Forerunner structure
|“||Impressive gravitic control systems offer an extreme amount of flexibility in the placement of Halo's communication relays.||”|
Zenith, also known as Zenith Anniversary, is a multiplayer map in Halo 2: Anniversary. It is a remake of Ascension from Halo 2, with some minor changes. Ascension is one of the seven Halo 2 multiplayer maps that have been completely re-imagined in Halo 2: Anniversary.
Universe and lore
Zenith is set on and around a relay station, a Forerunner communication structure vital to the upkeep of Halo installations. This particular site, unlike prior sites observed, is placed at high altitude above the surface of Delta Halo and kept in place using gravitic control systems. The site, like other elevated relays, utilises its own slipspace translocation system for travel to and from the Delta Halo surface.
- Lower Platform
- Comm Tower
- Sky Bridge
- Landing Platform
- Leap of Faith
- Transport Lift
- Comm Dish
The following achievements can be unlocked on Zenith on Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
|Halo: MCC (Xbox One)||Halo: MCC (Steam)||Title||Unlock requirement||Games|
|Destroy the BLAST soda can on Zenith.||Halo: The Master Chief Collection|
|In multiplayer, activate the central shield on Zenith three times in one game.||Halo: The Master Chief Collection|
In pre-release menus, this map was tentatively named Ascension Anniversary.
- Zenith will feature a large energy shield in the center of the map, triggered by any of three switches around the map's outskirts. The shield can be disabled through Forge, or the shield's switches can be moved to different locations on the map.
- The sky bridge from the Banshee platform to the sniper tower is now wider and has additional horizontal and vertical cover against fire from the tower. The middle of the bridge also has an added platform structure.
- The map has received significant visual changes. Whereas the original map was located atop a fixed plateau, Zenith is based on an "island" of rock floating high above the surface of a rotating Halo installation, surrounded by similar floating rock formations. Ascension's foggy and clouded atmosphere has also been replaced with almost fully clear skies, allowing unimpeded visibility to the Halo ring, which is rendered to scale.
- If the player lets the ring rotate long enough and pays attention, the country of Italy can be seen on the Halo ring.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
A Banshee flying over Zenith.
The skull spawning at the Comm Dish in a game of Oddball.
A view of the Halo installation as seen on the map.
- Halo 2: Anniversary - Zenith multiplayer map description
- YouTube: Every. Halo. Ever. E3 2014
- Halo 2: Anniversary - Skyward multiplayer map description
- Early Halo: The Master Chief Collection custom games menu
- YouTube: Halo 2 Ascension Anniversary Walkthrough
- IGN.com: Legendary Halo 2 Map 'Ascension' Has Changed a Bit in Halo: The Master Chief Collection – IGN
- YouTube: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Panel - RTX 2014